Skip to main content

Mountain Appaloosa, The Painted Ponies 2011, Abstract Horse Paintings by Texas Equine Artist Laurie Pace

Mountain Appaloosa at Mirada Fine Art

Contact Steve for pricing on this beauty...
Tell him you saw it on the blog and he will give you special pricing.

20 x 30 inches  Oil on Canvas    
 ©Laurie Pace    Graphics One Design 1998-2011 

  Contact me for your own commissioned painting: Laurie  
Enjoy clicking on the detail shots below.

Detail One

 Detail Two
Detail Three



Pearls of Wisdom

"I did the best that I knew how to do at the time. When I knew better, I did better."  Jan Wenstrand   

When visiting with Jan we spent time catching up on the past few months. She is such a dear faith based friend and so helpful with me staying focused.  At the point I was being miserable about what might be...and what was...she told me to focus on the words above. I felt such relief as I rolled those thoughts through my mind... and felt such an uplifting that I wanted to share her wisdom.

Living life the best we can with prayer, discernment, discretion and thought... and giving to Him what we cannot do is the the best way. Then realizing it is only through making mistakes that we grow stronger and wiser.


Laurie          

Proverbs 3:21
"My son, do not let wisdom and understanding out of your sight, preserve sound judgment and discretion"
 
GALLERY LINKS

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...

Three Remain Contemporary Abstract Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2018 Three Remain    Oil on Canvas.   Size: 16 x 20  Oil on Canvas. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Available Paintings by Laurie Pace  Follow me on Facebook           Sign up for my monthly studio newsletter. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This contemporary abstract horse painting is fresh and wet on the easel.  Been listening to Santana this morning. Then added in some CW with George Strait.   Painting is not complete without some Classical and it was Debussy.  This was painted to be similar to a smaller painting created about three years ago.  Now in the sitting baking stage... I may touch up more as I watch over it.  There are only  maybe three more we...