Skip to main content

Horse Painting beginning Sketch by Texas Contemporary Fine Artist Laurie Pace

Beginning Sketch Appy 3
3 ft by 3 ft Oil on Canvas

Why am I painting a similar Appy??  Well Fine Art America does not like the image I have loaded for Appy2.  Dawn wrote and said, Can you just paint another?   Sure, why not. It will not be the same, but I can capture an essence with color.  So Here I go!
    
© Laurie Pace    Graphics One Design 1998-2011

Words of Wisdom

Lord, I have been listening.  I have been waiting to make the decision for flying to Denver. Yesterday the answer came. I woke up so out of it, dizzy and shaking that I had to realign my entire brain and my body. Allowing Him to point the direction has always worked to the better. It is only when my 'self' gets in the way things begin to fall apart. 

Terry has surgery coming up; I have something inner ear plaguing me even standing up and definitely unable to bend over with out falling. Usually I am motivated beyond and packed two days before I have to leave.  I truly believe I hit my limit. The past three months have worn us both to a frazzle. Throw in the workshop, the wedding, the showers, birthdays, Easter, food poisoning and in May a big summer cold we both shared....the week before Morgan's wedding, and I believe as my dear friend Armella says, "I am taking a sabbatical to return to my top form." 

I laughed when she said get your body and mind in shape...not back to normal because we truly do not know what normal is, just get it in shape.  Armella, I have made my list.  Wrote it out by hand so I felt more connected to it than typing it on the computer.  Time to journal again. It has been three years... three years too long ago.

How do we let things get so out of control?  

By trying to take control. 

Meanwhile I booked Morgan and Kelly on Priceline to fly to Denver on Friday ... grab a bite to eat... head to the gallery... do the reception for me... spend the night and fly back early Saturday morning.  I believe it is important to have someone there to represent me. Morgan has painted with me for seven or eight years now. He knows the work and how it comes together.  Yeah I know, that was taking control again. 

My dad would tell me to make a list. Armella in her wisdom told me the same thing, but was quite specific on what to do with it. She has had positive results from doing this so I am optimistic and I do have my faith that God will provide what it is needed. He sent Armella to me to take my hand and walk this journey. I thank God for her being apart of my life.

Laurie        
 
“Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.” Philippians 2:9-11 NIV
 
GALLERY LINKS

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...

Three Remain Contemporary Abstract Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2018 Three Remain    Oil on Canvas.   Size: 16 x 20  Oil on Canvas. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Available Paintings by Laurie Pace  Follow me on Facebook           Sign up for my monthly studio newsletter. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This contemporary abstract horse painting is fresh and wet on the easel.  Been listening to Santana this morning. Then added in some CW with George Strait.   Painting is not complete without some Classical and it was Debussy.  This was painted to be similar to a smaller painting created about three years ago.  Now in the sitting baking stage... I may touch up more as I watch over it.  There are only  maybe three more we...