Skip to main content

Abstract Wedding Day Heart Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Wedding Day
11 z 14 inches Oil on Canvas
Beautiful Heart Painting with rich vibrant beating of colors.

SOLD
©Laurie Pace  Graphics One Design 1998-2011
Contact me for your own heart Painting: Laurie    

The Day has arrived!  Our youngest son gets married this evening.  I had pictures on my iphone from the rehearsal last night, but have encountered the strangest thing that my iphone has no internet connect for some odd reason. Not sure if this is universal or related only to my iphone.  Justin just hooked my iphone up to internet.

The old Dallas Church they kids chose to get married in looks pretty ancient. The owner which converted it to a wedding venue, did not have the history on the church. Terry is a mason and we were telling him that most times the first foundation cornerstone would have some indication of marking of the date that the building was constructed.  The owner truly knew nothing of the history of the building and we thought it would be awesome to know more.  The last congregation in the church was a black congregation but he did not even know if it was Baptist or what denomination it was. The church is located at 3603 Ross Ave in Dallas.  Here is one of those Google maps screen shots, but the trees are huge know in comparison.   I wish I knew more about architecture.


Terry is taking the Canon 7D to the wedding tonight. He has a shaking hand with it but maybe we will get some decent shots. If and when my iphone works again, I will post the shots of rehearsal on facebook and to the blog.

Lady L kept running around saying "Mama UP, Practice, Practice"  She would then hold her basket of rose petals and walk a few steps and drop a handful and turn and wait for us to all clap our hands... and she would repeat the process ALL the way up the aisle.  I asked Stacey if we were suppose to clap at the wedding for her to encourage her up the aisle.

Lady L "Practice Practice Practice"



Keith has married all three of our children; he has buried our oldest grandson and baptized our youngest grandchild, Lady L.   We are blessed to have him in our lives. He said he had married many children he had baptized but this was a first marrying all three kids from one family.  We love him and he has enriched and given much to us over the past years.

This morning we will be sharing breakfast shortly (Terry and I made a trip to Whole foods for plain yogurt, fresh blueberries and bananas, while Justin intends to make fatty fatty fatty foods for Morgan who spent the night here.) Then Terry and I are heading to Union Station in Dallas to pick up Crystal for the wedding. We are excited she will be home to share all of this. Then it will be a hopefully healthy lunch, appointed shower times for seven folks to begin to get ready and then off to the church.

- Wedding Song -
He is now to be among you at the calling of your hearts.
Rest assured this troubadour is acting on His part.
The union of your spirits here has caused Him to remain,
for whenever two or more of you are gathered in His name,
There is love. There is love.
Oh, a man shall leave his mother, and a woman leave her home.
They will travel on to where the two will be as one.
As it was in the beginning, is now until the end,
woman draws her life from man
and gives it back again and there is love.
Oh, there's love.
Well then what's to be the reason for becoming man and wife?
Is it love that brings you here or love that brings you life?
For is loving is the answer then who's the giving for?
Do you believe in something that you've never seen before?
Oh, there's love. There is love.
He is now to be among you at the calling of your hearts.
Rest assured this troubadour is acting on His part.
The union of your spirits here has caused Him to remain
for whenever two or more of you are gathered in His name
there is love. Oh, there is love.

Laurie          

"I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened, so that you will know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints..."  Ephesians 1:18
 
GALLERY LINKS

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mixed Media Collage Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Justus Pace

  © G.O.D. Laurie Justus Pace      Graphics One Design 2013 Horse Collage Fall 2013  12 x 18 inches Mixed Media on Canvas.  This was an intentional paint to imitate one of the 100 ponies I did in 2012. That poor little 8 x 10 pony was loved by a company to do very large prints and it was not here for me to even use to scan... so I created something with the same heart, a kindred spirit. The underlays are pages from a western book and then torn papers of different varieties were added along with stains of paint and purposeful areas of paint.  This would not be a painting I would do today, but the goal was to capture the spirit of the first painting. This is available for purchase. Please click here  to see pricing and painting. Laurie Pace A Texas Artist Pace Studio  Graphics One Design My Blog          My Website          Gicl...

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...