Skip to main content

Uphill Progression of new abstract Horse Painting by Texas Contemporary Equine Artist Laurie Pace

Progression on UpHill
Every Day a new layering of colors. As you can see I have sketched out the horses I want in this composition and I have begun working in the background on the blue acrylic.  Now I am painting in Oils. I paint with Holbein Duo oils. 
3 ft by 4 ft  Oil on Canvas  
© Laurie Pace Graphics One Design 1998-2011
Contact Me. Laurie    

The Daily Journey  aka Daily Layers

Both in painting and in life, it seems to evolve in layers. If you think about your life it is filled with events that seem to layer on top of other events.  This is what affects your personality and your outlook on life.  How you 'survive' these layers, 'celebrate' these layers or 'merge' these layers is up to you.

Ben Pace always use to say, 'You can get glad just like you got mad.' We are all pretty quick to anger...but he wanted people to realize you can be quick to smile.  I don't think we do that enough. Our lives are lead in such a serious way.  Bills piling upon bills, taxes, rising fuel costs, nuclear plants failing, health issues, and the list goes on.  How are you glad about any of that?

Yesterday was not the best day.  One of my best paintings that I just finished SOMEHOW got a 3 inch rip in it.  Terry hurt his back trying to move the new washing machine into the house.  The www.cfaintl.com website was not loading right after three days of working on it and I was up very very late working and reloading. My computer mysteriously lost a huge mail file that I needed HTML code from one of the emails to fix the CFAINTL site.   SOMEHOW... I was calm.  I kept thinking as I held up the canvas with one of the new realistic paintings I just finished...20 x 30, thinking of the hours I had painting invested in it... and realizing it was probably ruined... I should have cried.  I wanted to cry.  I did not cry.  When we went to bed last night I rolled over and took Terry's hand and said..."It was one of those days wasn't it? We survived an all are alive and well... Praise to God. God is good, all the time, God is good." 

Thinking to past times, I probably would have sobbed over the painting and I am definitely not happy about his back....and the www.contemporaryfineartinternational.com site is back up and working due to God's greatness... so I had to rejoice in the day as it closed and this morning I give thanks for this great new day and the moments I have to create more new layers in my life. 



Laurie        

Blessed is the one
   who does not walk in step with the wicked
or stand in the way that sinners take
   or sit in the company of mockers, Psalm 1:1


 
GALLERY LINKS

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...

Three Remain Contemporary Abstract Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2018 Three Remain    Oil on Canvas.   Size: 16 x 20  Oil on Canvas. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Available Paintings by Laurie Pace  Follow me on Facebook           Sign up for my monthly studio newsletter. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This contemporary abstract horse painting is fresh and wet on the easel.  Been listening to Santana this morning. Then added in some CW with George Strait.   Painting is not complete without some Classical and it was Debussy.  This was painted to be similar to a smaller painting created about three years ago.  Now in the sitting baking stage... I may touch up more as I watch over it.  There are only  maybe three more we...