Skip to main content

Spring Princess Finished Horse Painting by Texas Contemporary Equine Artist Laurie Pace

Spring Princess
I finished this last night. I went with a toned down darker background. It was lighter and very chaotic.  I wanted the horse to dominate.  It is not quite as dark as this image shows. The light was not good for the photography end of this.  This is a different approach for me. If you follow my horse paintings, you know I tend to pull toward the abstract.  The painting is finished withe deep sides continuing on with the content of the mane and the horse itself.
Thank you Darci at the Double HP Rescue for sharing your horses with me.

Available Contact me: Laurie
20 x 30 x 2 inches   Oil on Canvas      
©Laurie Pace    Graphics One Design 1998-2011

Late Night Early Morning

Okay so last night I blew it.  I was watching a Kate Hudson movie called You and Me Dupree and fell asleep about 10:30 only an hour into it.  I woke up at 11:30 and Terry was still out in the den watching the Borne Identity.  So I flipped on The Proposal with Sandra Bullock. The bad thing was Terry finally came in at midnight but my movie did not end until 2 a.m.  I was up this morning by 7:30...and we were out for an early  morning walk.  That is why my blog is late this morning.

We killed our first copperhead this season. NO PICTURES. I am NOT a snake lover.  We will be making a trip to Lowes for more Snake Away.  Nothing like the comforting smell of mothballs and sulfur.

Today will take us to Frisco for a wedding shower. Terry will go south to Asel and pick up my supplies and then we will head home by nightfall. 

I was glad to finish this painting last night. I am painting for the Denver show and I always leave things hanging in the studio for a few days to make final adjustments as they 'grow' on me.

We enjoyed our walk this morning. The sun is out over the lake and the breeze is strong enough for wind warnings.  Terry would be tempted to go sailing if we were not leaving.  A no-no with wind-warnings.

I do believe we get 'warnings' in life and we constantly ignore them.  That inner voice usually has the right answer. When you know deep inside that something is not right, IF you have any flicker of a second thought ...DO NOT DO IT.

Be with Him today and give thanks and He will abundantly provide for you.

Laurie          

“The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven.” - Hebrews 1:3

 
GALLERY LINKS

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...

Three Remain Contemporary Abstract Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2018 Three Remain    Oil on Canvas.   Size: 16 x 20  Oil on Canvas. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Available Paintings by Laurie Pace  Follow me on Facebook           Sign up for my monthly studio newsletter. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This contemporary abstract horse painting is fresh and wet on the easel.  Been listening to Santana this morning. Then added in some CW with George Strait.   Painting is not complete without some Classical and it was Debussy.  This was painted to be similar to a smaller painting created about three years ago.  Now in the sitting baking stage... I may touch up more as I watch over it.  There are only  maybe three more we...