Skip to main content

Progress on Crowning the Hill Abstract Horse Painting by Texas Contemporary Equine Artist Laurie Pace

Name Change as I worked..

Progress on Crowning the Hill
4 ft by 4 ft  Oil on Canvas     
Not sure if it is done yet, I am still working on it... will take a few weeks to finish it up and two months to dry.  This is a startling visual painting of three horses completed with a palette knife and lots of paint.


© Laurie Pace   Graphics One Design 1998-2011
Contact Me: Laurie 

Personal Spirituality?

My husband often tells me I live in my world with my rose colored glasses.  I do not like to watch the news. I do not like horror shows, murder mysteries, or noisy gun movies.  I do not like violence.   I live in MY WORLD.  Yes and you live in your world.

In my world there is beauty, kindness, sharing, sunshine, rain (when needed) and every person is giving and caring for each other.  That is my perfect world. Some might call it Neverland.

It does not exist.  All of us live through horrendous happenings, ugly moments, illness, arguments, failures and we seem to remember those better than our fabulous moments of sheer joy and laughter.  It would be slightly delusional to think we could wipe away the ugliness that seems to drag us down.  That shadow of doubt that creeps into our daily lives dimming the light and the joy we have at that moment.

Our world is basically a broken world. We are broken people, far from perfect. A dear friend wrote me about the need to not exist every day, but to live with joy again in her life.  How do you get there?  Neverland seems a galaxy away...but is it really?

You have to take joy and embrace it.  You have to look into the mirror and see you as you are, broken and tired... and love that broken person again.  God loves you so much. He has so much for you.  He has promised you the delights of your heart.  You can't get there if you do not believe in Him.  Every day begin again with joy. Every day count your blessings...all the GOOD wonderful things you can find surrounding you.  Roses blooming in your neighbors yard, the warmth of the sun, the awesome feeling of a warm shower as you wake up in the morning, the first cup of coffee or hot tea.  If you are not feeling joy, you have allowed your senses to die. You cannot feel anymore, so you must learn to feel again.  Focus on visual one day. The next day focus on touch. The day after focus on taste.

Learn how to be joyful day by day and it will slowly return.  My spirituality is fed by the beauty that God brings into each moment.  I thank my Mother for instilling this in our home and our lives. My connectivity to God is with every breath I take and every move I make.  Each of us has the ability to have a personal spirituality.  Some chose not to tie into a higher power, some chose the power of the universe.  I choose God. 

Laurie        
“If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.” - Romans 10:9-10
 
GALLERY LINKS

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...

Three Remain Contemporary Abstract Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2018 Three Remain    Oil on Canvas.   Size: 16 x 20  Oil on Canvas. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Available Paintings by Laurie Pace  Follow me on Facebook           Sign up for my monthly studio newsletter. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This contemporary abstract horse painting is fresh and wet on the easel.  Been listening to Santana this morning. Then added in some CW with George Strait.   Painting is not complete without some Classical and it was Debussy.  This was painted to be similar to a smaller painting created about three years ago.  Now in the sitting baking stage... I may touch up more as I watch over it.  There are only  maybe three more we...