Skip to main content

Contemporary Horse Painting Three Horses by Texas Equine Artist Laurie Pace

Three Horses
I seem to paint a trio picture once a year of these contrasting horses.
This abstract horse painting is for my Denver show.
It is a nice 36 x 36 inches in size with the painting extending on the wrap canvas 2 inches deep. No frame is needed.
3 ft by 3 ft  Oil on Canvas  
© Laurie Pace  Graphics One Design 1998-2011 
Contact me: Laurie
    
Throwing Rocks

I once told you how I felt about life that we tend to gather up rocks and stuff them in our pockets. You never know when you will need all those rocks you carry around.  Your load would be much lighter without them.

This next story is about rocks but slightly different.  We have a pond out back behind the house. Normally we have mini fishermen and their grandpas instructing them on casting and fishing.   Last week there was a little boy with a small sailboat on the bank.  He was so excited placing the boat into the water and realized there was not much wind so he splashed the water making waves and the little boat ended up stuck in the middle of the pond.  His grandpa was sitting on the park bench and he realized what had happened.  He was across the end of the pond from where the little boy stood.

Grandpa gathered up some nearby rocks and pebbles and began throwing the rocks at the little boat. Oh that little boy was hysterical. He thought his grandpa was trying to sink his boat.  His grandmother hurried across the little dam to where he was standing sobbing his heart out crying to his grandpa  to stop hurting his boat.  Grandma gathered him close soothing him and pointed out to the pond where the little boat was rocking on tiny ripples heading right back to where the little boy stood.  He reached down and grasp that sailboat to his chest and you could hear his sigh across the water.

I would say there are times in life when we truly feel God is throwing rocks at us.  Our boats are literally rocking and we are totally unstable. NOTHING seems to go right.  God is throwing those rocks at us to bring us back home to Him. The longer we deny Him, the more rocks hit the waters around us... the ripples are slowly going to bring us back to Him.

It is up to you...are you floating freely and allowing Him to work in your life or are you struggling and fighting Him?

Laurie          

Isaiah 41:10 "Don’t be afraid, for I am with you! Don’t be frightened, for I am your God! I strengthen you – yes, I help you – yes, I uphold you with my saving right hand!"

 
GALLERY LINKS

Comments

Anonymous said…
The rock story made me have tears in my eyes (good tears) thanks for sharing that. Your horse painting is awesome in this form.

Popular posts from this blog

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...

Three Remain Contemporary Abstract Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2018 Three Remain    Oil on Canvas.   Size: 16 x 20  Oil on Canvas. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Available Paintings by Laurie Pace  Follow me on Facebook           Sign up for my monthly studio newsletter. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This contemporary abstract horse painting is fresh and wet on the easel.  Been listening to Santana this morning. Then added in some CW with George Strait.   Painting is not complete without some Classical and it was Debussy.  This was painted to be similar to a smaller painting created about three years ago.  Now in the sitting baking stage... I may touch up more as I watch over it.  There are only  maybe three more we...