Skip to main content

Progress MAX Abstract Horse Painting Expressionism By Texas Equine Artist Laurie Pace, Passing it On

Progression on Max
4 ft by 4 ft  Oil on Canvas     
 ©Laurie Pace  Graphics One Design
Contact me: Laurie 


Passing It On

I have continued to work on Max and Lucky everyday adding more layers of oil with color beginning to mix and rise to the top.

I want to share that Contemporary Fine Art International and Artist of Texas have both sent money through a private individual working in a church in Japan. The two pastors are Rick and Connie Justus. Connie and I have been friends on Facebook since I first went on Facebook years ago.  I have to be related to her husband somewhere in the years prior as Justus is not a common spelling of the name from Germany. We have connected in prayer, our faith and a good friendship through the years.  They live south of Tokyo and their church jumped into the fray early on obtaining permission from the police to make journey by truck with supplies such as food, blankets, clothes, diapers, formula and water.

With in hours their congregation and neighbors all begin to collect and gather everything they could. Connie took some paypal donations from individuals and friends that knew what was happening and we immediately participated here instead of going through one of the larger charities that skims off running costs from the top of all donations.  Every penny that came from the two art associations went directly to these supplies and to the cost of fuel to get the supplies into the people that need them so desperately.


 

Japanese society is one of great morality and gentile courtesy.  There is no looting and stealing right now amidst the chaos . The focus is on helping.  Helping where ever you can. Always looking out for someone else before worrying about yourself. Passing It On.  Caring about others.   In Japanese society you find a glimpse of goodness that use to exist in the USA but does not any longer.  If you lost your wallet or misplaced it in Japan, the person finding it would take it to the nearest police station and the police would find you. All your money and credit cards would be securely in place.  This would never happen in our society.  I only got my drivers license mailed back to me by the post office.  The other person got all my credit cards, keys, money and a bracelet in my purse.  (I had left it at a restaurant the day my grandson Jon was born almost 14 years ago.)

Time for us to Pass It On.  Through prayers and donations right now we can help this nation out as they struggle to overcome the earthquake and tsunami destruction. The aftershocks continue to roll through the island and rescue and search teams continue working around the clock.

It makes me shudder to think about this happening in my back yard. Our nearest plant in Texas is at Glen Rose. Terry told me at lunch yesterday I had to think about Louisiana as we are 90 miles from the border.  I looked it up and there are two nuclear plants but they are very south east from us pretty far away.  But Glen rose is 200 miles southwest of us. It is even closer to Dallas. It is only 90 miles from Dallas.

David Darrow had this posted on Facebook.  My Virginia Heart Sis told me about this days ago.



Tell me why again we have to use nuclear energy? How about making candles again and saddling up the horse out in the barn.

Laurie

“Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.” - Colossians 3:12


 
GALLERY LINKS

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...

Three Remain Contemporary Abstract Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2018 Three Remain    Oil on Canvas.   Size: 16 x 20  Oil on Canvas. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Available Paintings by Laurie Pace  Follow me on Facebook           Sign up for my monthly studio newsletter. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This contemporary abstract horse painting is fresh and wet on the easel.  Been listening to Santana this morning. Then added in some CW with George Strait.   Painting is not complete without some Classical and it was Debussy.  This was painted to be similar to a smaller painting created about three years ago.  Now in the sitting baking stage... I may touch up more as I watch over it.  There are only  maybe three more we...