Skip to main content

Marco Polo Lilies Floral Flower Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace, Walking in Faith

MARCO POLO Lily
18 x 24 inches  Acrylic on Canvas
SOLD       
 Contact me for your own painting. Laurie
© Laurie Pace  Graphics One Design 2011

 WALKING IN FAITH

Many things pop up unexpectedly in life. This morning we are taking our Annie Dog to the vet for surgery. She was diagnosed with cancer of the bone in her paw. We know they will amputate part of her paw but until they go in they do not know how much or how bad the situation is.

Annie was born in 1999, the same year we bought Terry's truck. She did not arrive in our family until 2001.  We say we rescued her because the home that was GIVING her away was not the best home. Sure it was in the expensive million dollar homes in Dallas, but inside that home was a very unhealthy environment of anger between the family members. The mother sobbed uncontrollably as we took Annie away to come to our house.  The boys and father sort of snickered at us when we pulled out of the driveway.  She was a beautiful 2 year old Kerrie Blue Terrier and she came with her papers.

Yeah it was not immediately a happily ever after.  She was terrified of Terry. If he came in the room she immediately cowered and peed all over the floor by his feet. Total sign of submission.  I want you to know it took three years for her to work through her issues and love and trust him.  He patiently fed her every day. She bonded with me immediately and became my shadow and constant companion. If you know me at all you know I do NOT like to drive. If Annie was with me, I did drive. She was my co-pilot in the front seat.

Annie is the most perfect dog in the entire world except she gets very upset and nervous in thunderstorms, and she loves to run run run and that would be bolting from the house to her freedom...only to return about two hours later filthy in horse poop or grass burs.

There are so many things rolling through my head right now and we have to leave for the veterinarians office in about 30 minutes. I could not paint yesterday so I posted one of my older pieces.  I am breathing in His strength and walking in faith that she will not be in pain any longer.

Laurie      
   
“Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.” - Psalm 139:23-24

 
GALLERY LINKS

Comments

Unknown said…
Laurie I hope your Annie is home and feeling better. Thank you for rescuing her....you have such a good heart.

Popular posts from this blog

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...

Three Remain Contemporary Abstract Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2018 Three Remain    Oil on Canvas.   Size: 16 x 20  Oil on Canvas. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Available Paintings by Laurie Pace  Follow me on Facebook           Sign up for my monthly studio newsletter. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This contemporary abstract horse painting is fresh and wet on the easel.  Been listening to Santana this morning. Then added in some CW with George Strait.   Painting is not complete without some Classical and it was Debussy.  This was painted to be similar to a smaller painting created about three years ago.  Now in the sitting baking stage... I may touch up more as I watch over it.  There are only  maybe three more we...