Skip to main content

No name yet! Progress Horse Oil Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace, What is Compassion to you?

IN PROGRESS  NO NAME YET!
24 x 30  Oil on Canvas

 I guess it is a wait and see proposal!   Stay tuned.
Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie
   © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2011


It was a beautiful sunrise yesterday.  Then the skies grew cloudy while we were in church and cold rain was falling in late afternoon.  We had hopes for a nice long walk yesterday but that did not happen.

Jace came and painted with me for about two hours and we jammed on the guitars. He is doing so well and has such a nice voice when he sings. He is NOT your typical 15 almost 16 year old.  So it was a full Sunday with church, lessons and time with Terry.  LOTS of good food on our "eat more fresh veggies" diet.  Finally realized I can eat as much as I want to eat of the foods that are healthy... and when I do I do not crave the bad stuff, like red meat, bread etc.  As of today I have lost 18 pounds since the end of August.  My clothes fit again.  As the good Sheriff said today after church... getting rid of the tummy makes it easier to bend over and pick things up or tie your shoes.  He is right.

What does Compassion mean for you?  If you google it you find several ways to consider it.  First as a virtue in which empathy and sympathy tie directly into love and connecting together with others. The deep feeling of compassion takes one to a level beyond empathy... it is level to take action. Do to others what you would have them do to you.  Another view or definition is to suffer together through something with someone. 


In Corinthians we find God to be the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort. In this instance you must realize no matter what you are wading through right now (wading or waiting) that you will not be overcome if you believe, because God's love will comfort you and fill you.   His goodness and love for you is boundless and never ending. New beginnings are ours for the taking, but they require a commitment of the heart and soul to God.  Whatever happened yesterday is forever washed from you and transformed by His abundant love for you. Believe and you will experience how truly great His compassion is.

Stacey Beth was busy yesterday baking an old family favorite.  Make sure you stop by JUST PLAIN SWEET and take a peek. She is shipping me one of these this week too! You might order one yourself. You will not be disappointed.

Laurie
 
"Deep in my heart I say, "The Lord is all I need; I can depend on him!" The lord is kind to everyone who trust and obeys Him. " Lamentations 3:24-25.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...

Three Remain Contemporary Abstract Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2018 Three Remain    Oil on Canvas.   Size: 16 x 20  Oil on Canvas. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Available Paintings by Laurie Pace  Follow me on Facebook           Sign up for my monthly studio newsletter. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This contemporary abstract horse painting is fresh and wet on the easel.  Been listening to Santana this morning. Then added in some CW with George Strait.   Painting is not complete without some Classical and it was Debussy.  This was painted to be similar to a smaller painting created about three years ago.  Now in the sitting baking stage... I may touch up more as I watch over it.  There are only  maybe three more we...