Skip to main content

Protrait in Progress Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'IN PROGRESS'
11 x 14 Oil on Canvas
commissioned painting... in progress 

Contact me for commissioned work. Laurie
   © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010


Brr Baby it's cold outside.  I was working on this painting and still several layers more to go on adjusting colors, I am working from Iphone pictures.   The hair is throwing me from the soft filtered light... so I had to walk away from it yesterday.


I was so chilled yesterday afternoon  I climbed into bed under the comforter to warm up and fell asleep watching Oprah.  Terry thawed out some speg. sauce from the freezer and surprised me with a hot dinner. I fell asleep early last night, so I am pretty rested as I write.


This morning Rita is dropping off three dozen extra large eggs...I may have to paint eggs today.  We will have coffee ready and something good...Have to think about what I will make.  Am debating on making a cinnamon Apple cake-bread for Christmas baskets for our friends. I may have to do a small batch tomorrow to see if it works. Terry already broke into the pretzels I bought for dipping... will have to make another trip to the store.  OH OH>>> and Terry hung my lights on the gazebo outside... I may have to try and get a picture... it looks like a fairy land outside.  The trees are all shed of leaves and we have a fabulous view of the lake now.


Wishing you the best this day... give thanks as you start the day for all the wonderful gifts that are yours...prepare in your heart with hope for this advent week.


Laurie


““I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me— just as the Father knows me and I know the Father—and I lay down my life for the sheep.” - John 10:14-15

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mixed Media Collage Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Justus Pace

  © G.O.D. Laurie Justus Pace      Graphics One Design 2013 Horse Collage Fall 2013  12 x 18 inches Mixed Media on Canvas.  This was an intentional paint to imitate one of the 100 ponies I did in 2012. That poor little 8 x 10 pony was loved by a company to do very large prints and it was not here for me to even use to scan... so I created something with the same heart, a kindred spirit. The underlays are pages from a western book and then torn papers of different varieties were added along with stains of paint and purposeful areas of paint.  This would not be a painting I would do today, but the goal was to capture the spirit of the first painting. This is available for purchase. Please click here  to see pricing and painting. Laurie Pace A Texas Artist Pace Studio  Graphics One Design My Blog          My Website          Gicl...

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...