Skip to main content

Blocking in Color for Winter Solstice, Horse Oil Paintings by Contemporary Texas Artist Laurie Pace

 
'Blocking in Color for Winter Solstice'
30 x 40  Oil on Canvas

IN PROGRESS ndp
Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie
   © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010

We were surprised with a Christmas Card from someone dear to us that lives far away.  The image of the kids and the parents smiling for the traditional card made my heart warm and brought a huge smile from Terry when I shared the picture.  I pulled out the 'newsletter' included and began reading about the past year for the two young ones, happily sharing the details with Terry as I read. A first broken bone, speech therapy, basketball, baseball, Playhouse Disney etc.   There was a point my voice broke and I stopped reading.  The tears were falling and the world seemed to turn upside-down.  

The youngest son, only age 3, was diagnosed in October with a rare form of kidney cancer, Wilms Tumor.  Terry and I prayed and talked and prayed even more.  I have been in contact with the family through email and joined their journey on the CARING BRIDGE site.  We spent time this morning reading all of the posts and sentiments.  

Our prayers support this family. The little ones are always God's dearest treasure. They are still tied closely to heaven and innocent from many things in this world.  I know this is part of God's plan for this little life.  God knows exactly what is happening and what lies ahead.  The journey stretches out before all of them with endless challenges. Please keep the "G" family at the top of your prayer list. Mom says we are planning on a huge 4th birthday celebration next summer.
 
Count your blessings...
Laurie


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...

Three Remain Contemporary Abstract Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2018 Three Remain    Oil on Canvas.   Size: 16 x 20  Oil on Canvas. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Available Paintings by Laurie Pace  Follow me on Facebook           Sign up for my monthly studio newsletter. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This contemporary abstract horse painting is fresh and wet on the easel.  Been listening to Santana this morning. Then added in some CW with George Strait.   Painting is not complete without some Classical and it was Debussy.  This was painted to be similar to a smaller painting created about three years ago.  Now in the sitting baking stage... I may touch up more as I watch over it.  There are only  maybe three more we...