Skip to main content

Red Roses Floral Flower Art Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Red Roses'
24 x 18  Oil on Canvas
Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie
© Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010


Flower for the thought of new growth even in the early days of winter.  Even in these days of cold when it seems like there is little growing, the world around us is full of life and growth. 


We  have to remember that God is our ever present source to providing what is needed to encourage that growth. It is His love and grace that sustains us even in the darkest days; then nurtures and encourages us to bloom again.  So often we feel like we can never get to that point of smiling or being happy again.  Our source is HIM.  He provides the health and wholeness we seem to miss in our lives. It is our responsibility to reach out to Him to receive it.  Don't expect it otherwise...you'll have a long bleak winter ahead with out Him. 


Prayer always makes a difference in our lives and in the lives of those around us.  Today  my energy will be placed in my heart to pray for compassion and understanding of those around me.  I pray for peace to fill their hearts and minds and for them to be ready to receive God's divine order for their life. I will pray for you as well.  May the Lord be an unfailing ever present source of light in your life and the lives of those you love.
 
Laurie  

"They long for you and pray for you because of the surpassing grace of God that he has given you." 2 Corinthians 9:14.

Comments

Susan Roux said…
Great light dancing through these roses and surroundings. Your colors are so inviting!

Popular posts from this blog

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...

Three Remain Contemporary Abstract Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2018 Three Remain    Oil on Canvas.   Size: 16 x 20  Oil on Canvas. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Available Paintings by Laurie Pace  Follow me on Facebook           Sign up for my monthly studio newsletter. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This contemporary abstract horse painting is fresh and wet on the easel.  Been listening to Santana this morning. Then added in some CW with George Strait.   Painting is not complete without some Classical and it was Debussy.  This was painted to be similar to a smaller painting created about three years ago.  Now in the sitting baking stage... I may touch up more as I watch over it.  There are only  maybe three more we...