Skip to main content

White Poppies Floral Art Contemporary Flower Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'White Poppies'
9 x 12  Oil on Canvas
Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie
  © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010


A friend emailed me today in great pain. She had pulled her back cleaning her house.  She was hurt, mad and frustrated.  She thought she was doing the right thing, bringing order and cleanliness to the chaotic house. She had prayed about her day on what to do and was pulled strongly to do this... clean up the chaos and bring back peace and beauty.  So why did she get hurt doing this?


I told her I was right there with her.  Sure as I think I am going in the direction that He wants me to go, I stub my toe, or catch my hand, or something that brings tears to the eye and makes me stop and go 'WHY LORD, I THOUGHT I WAS DOING WHAT I SHOULD BE DOING.'

While I believe firmly in prayer and having discernment... it is obvious my decisions are not always right as I think they are.  Humans have this wonderful thing called a brain. It is capable of doing so much and has the ability to even convince us of things to do that we probably should not do.  Our brains are imaginative. Our brains are creative. We pray and those active brains do not shut down and as we are asking for direction, our problem solving part of our brain is firing off several different answers and we tend to take the answer we like the best.  (Not necessarily His answer.)  


Perhaps it is good that we pray and listen and block out the brain's static.  When an answer seems to come, how do we know it is His  or if it is part of that over active problem solving brain?  


Stay purposeful in your prayers and requests. Learn to listen and stay focused and shut out all the brains waves bouncing around. There is a difference in fantasy and divine possibility. Try to look at your requests and responses from the spiritual side to enable you to think out what the outcome might be with a chosen path.  Be open to see things in a new way and accepting of change.

When we walked yesterday morning, we took the same path as the night before. We had heard sirens galore outside late last night.  Those are sounds we never hear out at the lake.  Sitting on the porch swing, we counted six emergency vehicles screaming down the road across the pond.  On our walk with Paddy about 30 minutes later, we watched as a neighbor was brought out of the home and loaded into an ambulance.  There were ER folks everywhere, sheriff's dept, fire dept, the lake patrol and two unmarked vehicles.  They were still doing CPR on the man in the ambulance and we have not heard today if he made it or not.  That is life CHANGING.
Things like this make all those questioned decisions seem like nothing.  Our life is in God's hands.  Keep your life simple. Try not to complicate things. Learn to live with less and be happy with less. You will enjoy life more.

Laurie
 
“For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form, and you have been given fullness in Christ, who is the head over every power and authority.”- Colossians 2:9-10
Art Prints

Comments

Margaret said…
I know you are known for your horse paintings, but your flowers are just as magnificent. And thanks for the words of wisdom.

Popular posts from this blog

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...

Three Remain Contemporary Abstract Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2018 Three Remain    Oil on Canvas.   Size: 16 x 20  Oil on Canvas. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Available Paintings by Laurie Pace  Follow me on Facebook           Sign up for my monthly studio newsletter. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This contemporary abstract horse painting is fresh and wet on the easel.  Been listening to Santana this morning. Then added in some CW with George Strait.   Painting is not complete without some Classical and it was Debussy.  This was painted to be similar to a smaller painting created about three years ago.  Now in the sitting baking stage... I may touch up more as I watch over it.  There are only  maybe three more we...