Skip to main content

Sunflower Fountains Abstract Floral Art Contemporary Flower Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Sunflower Fountains'
30 x 40  Oil on Canvas

Commission SOLD
For details click HERE.
Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie
   © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010

My Website                 On Golden Pond Blog


This painting was completed over weeks and literally weeks with much layering.  Last night I finished the Collector Book that goes with it. It is a hardback book with pictures from the start to the finish of the painting as it is created.  Most collectors love the books as much as their paintings!

I guess we are all collectors in some way or another.  Some folks collect coins; some collect books; some collect stamps.... and we could list things forever.  What makes collecting so important?  What do we seem to value in collecting things? 

I am thankful for people who collect art. With out those collectors I would be doing something else. Terry says having your 'stuff' around you is a comforting thing.  As we age we begin to learn what is important to keep and what means the most to have around us.


I collect books and some art pieces from fellow artists.  I use to collect cups and saucers, but realized about three years ago there was no reason to be doing it any more.  Terry and I have downsized quite a bit and those collections have not place in our household anymore.

A good friend was trying to show off her new KINDLE. I do not think I could go there.  Maybe a few books on one, but to give away all the collections of books I have... I don't think so. There is something special about holding a book and turning the pages.   I especially feel that way about my bible... all of my bibles. There is one here next to me, one in the kitchen and one in the bedroom.  There are more...but those are the main ones.  

True comfort for me comes in reading His word.  We are collectors of His Word.  We are receivers of His Grace and Abundance.  His Comfort surrounds and uplifts our family.


Laurie

“Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.”- Matthew 19:14


Art Prints

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...

Three Remain Contemporary Abstract Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2018 Three Remain    Oil on Canvas.   Size: 16 x 20  Oil on Canvas. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Available Paintings by Laurie Pace  Follow me on Facebook           Sign up for my monthly studio newsletter. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This contemporary abstract horse painting is fresh and wet on the easel.  Been listening to Santana this morning. Then added in some CW with George Strait.   Painting is not complete without some Classical and it was Debussy.  This was painted to be similar to a smaller painting created about three years ago.  Now in the sitting baking stage... I may touch up more as I watch over it.  There are only  maybe three more we...