Skip to main content

Morning's Journey Contemporary Equine Art Horse Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Justus Pace

'Morning's Journey'
18 x 24  Oil on Canvas

COMMISSION SOLD
This is painted similar to a piece I did back in 2004.  It is for a bride to give to her groom for their new home.  The couple lives in Colorado and will be married in early fall.



Contact me for commission work. Laurie
   © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010



When I was teaching art classes several years ago in Justin, Texas, I had a student that was very gifted.  She wasn't necessarily the best drawing student I ever had, but the child/young adult was gifted with color.  She saw and felt color in every thing and every one.   I did not realize until today there was a name for this,  Synesthesia.   


She would win our student competition almost every year for best painting because she worked with color so naturally without anything being forced.  She saw people as colors, things as colors and associated most everything in life with a color.  Kandinsky, the great abstract painter had Synesthesia along with many composers and poets.  What is interesting is the list of past people with this was a list of men.  BUT women normally have it much more often than men.  There is a test for this. Click here.


Some artists are natural drawers with charcoal or pencil rendering exquisite sketches. Some artists have an eye for composition and balance, so why would you not have an artist that was blessed with the natural ability to see color in everything?  I know color.  I know color inside out. I can mix things and match them up pretty quick...but I can't say that I see color in numbers, or places, or people.    

God gifts us with so many things. Some seem odd to other people but are natural to us.  Do what is natural for you and develop those gifts.  If it is effortless and you feel the Spirit working through you, you are following Him. Relax and be guided by God's love and you will find a higher spiritual understanding.  When you force things that are not natural, the end result is compromised quality.  


Laurie

Keep your heart with all vigilance, for from it flow the springs of life.--Proverbs 4:23

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...

Three Remain Contemporary Abstract Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2018 Three Remain    Oil on Canvas.   Size: 16 x 20  Oil on Canvas. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Available Paintings by Laurie Pace  Follow me on Facebook           Sign up for my monthly studio newsletter. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This contemporary abstract horse painting is fresh and wet on the easel.  Been listening to Santana this morning. Then added in some CW with George Strait.   Painting is not complete without some Classical and it was Debussy.  This was painted to be similar to a smaller painting created about three years ago.  Now in the sitting baking stage... I may touch up more as I watch over it.  There are only  maybe three more we...