Skip to main content

Cowboy Continued Cowboy Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Cowboy continued'
 Oil on Canvas
Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie

   © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010
 


The Painting:  Worked more on the cowboy today...but spent most of the day scrubbing the studio down. Vicky is staying here while we are gone to mind the manor and fill Paddy with her home cooking. This painting will be on hold until we return.


Life at the Lake:  We are in the countdown mode for leaving this morning for Dallas and the big wedding.  Vicky should be here by nine and we should be on the road after that.  Tonight is the Barbecue at Tara's parents home... tomorrow will be filled with shoe shopping, getting nails done etc. Saturday is the Bridesmaid luncheon and Sunday evening the wedding.  I will be missing the quiet of our little pond and home.


The Thought: We received in the mail our NURSE LINE from American Airlines.  This has been available for many years, but we have never had a need to use it.  The headliner is "No matter where I go Nurse Line is with me."  They included little key tags for your key chain.  So anywhere your keys are, if you are with them, you can call the Nurse Line for health matters.


On the back of the card it says, "If you have health questions or concerns, anytime, day or night, you can call the 24 hour Healthmatters Nurse Line at 1-800-...-....., option 2. It's available at no additional cost to you.  There is also the typical disclaimer, "the 24 hour Nurse line is not a substitute for medical attention. If you have an emergency medical condition please call 911 or your local emergency medical service number."

Well I took some photoshop liberty with this one; they always say a picture is worth more than words:






 If I could alter my key cards they would look more like this.  

Laurie  
“The LORD will be king over the whole earth. On that day there will be one LORD, and his name the only name.”- Zechariah 14:9

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...

Three Remain Contemporary Abstract Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2018 Three Remain    Oil on Canvas.   Size: 16 x 20  Oil on Canvas. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Available Paintings by Laurie Pace  Follow me on Facebook           Sign up for my monthly studio newsletter. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This contemporary abstract horse painting is fresh and wet on the easel.  Been listening to Santana this morning. Then added in some CW with George Strait.   Painting is not complete without some Classical and it was Debussy.  This was painted to be similar to a smaller painting created about three years ago.  Now in the sitting baking stage... I may touch up more as I watch over it.  There are only  maybe three more we...