Skip to main content

Dancing in Color Abstract Equine Art Oil Horse Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Dancing in Color'
18 x 24  Oil on Canvas

SOLD
Contact me for commission work. Laurie

   © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010


The Painting: Had to archive today... was not here to paint, but my canvas arrived this afternoon!!! YEAH!!!  Canvas comes from Rupen at www.canvasplace.com
He has absolutely the best smooth surface canvas I have painted on. You have to ask for smooth surface.  His toothy is okay but I LOVE his smooth surface.  His canvas is well built and extremely sturdy. Never in 7 years have I had a canvas warp. NEVER.

The Thought:  The Definition of Responsibility is..... ta da..... to respond. The word has many of definitions, but I sort of like this one. In my brain to be responsible takes responding. Right?


A Thesaurus definition says: An act or course of action that is demanded of one, as by position, custom, law, or religion:

To have an act or course of action is to respond.  Today I was finally on board the cat sailing.  Can't say I know a whole lot about sailing the boat, as I am more the enjoyer of the trip and not the sailor.  Terry is the sailor.  First I bounced around on the front left hull until my thighs were numb and cramped at the same time.  Then he invited me to the back of the boat to hold onto the 'tiller' he called it.  The rod that is attached to the rudders that stir the sailboat.  He was doing the ropes laying in the middle on the trampoline half reclined. (notation...NEVER and I mean NEVER sit on the ropes...very dangerous thing)  At least sitting at the back of the boat I was on the soft trampoline and not bouncing my bottom off on the front hull.  He was giving me responsibility and boy did I respond. 


He kept saying over the wind, "Can you feel it?"  I would just smile and nod my head... not sure what exactly he meant. I could feel the waves on the rudder and the movement of the boat, but still not a clue what to do in a row to keep it bopping and weaving back and forth across the lake.  Oh yeah, that is called 'tacking'.  Respond to me, "Can you feel it?"  Another affirmative head shake.


As the boat flew over the waves toward one of the points and a beautiful home on the water, after four tries I finally responded correctly and brought the boat around to a full tack...taking it to center point and pulling the rudder bar toward me as the jib settled midway and then snapped to back fill.  That is when you set the jib, cleat it and immediately allow the mainsail to fill and lock, oops cleat it down.


Don't let my lingo fool you. I need lots of practice... until I can fully respond... "I can really feel it." He is patient with me and truth be told, I don't think an hour lesson qualifies me to sail alone, I truly can't feel it and respond with the right actions in a row.  BUT, I love sailing and I will keep trying.

This is true with God. We can't always feel what it is He wants us to feel. I think we get in the way with our thoughts and desires to feel something different than what He has in mind. Give Him a affirmative prayer and keep trying to be responsible and respond by listening quietly...you will feel it.


Laurie  

The Verse

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...

Three Remain Contemporary Abstract Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2018 Three Remain    Oil on Canvas.   Size: 16 x 20  Oil on Canvas. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Available Paintings by Laurie Pace  Follow me on Facebook           Sign up for my monthly studio newsletter. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This contemporary abstract horse painting is fresh and wet on the easel.  Been listening to Santana this morning. Then added in some CW with George Strait.   Painting is not complete without some Classical and it was Debussy.  This was painted to be similar to a smaller painting created about three years ago.  Now in the sitting baking stage... I may touch up more as I watch over it.  There are only  maybe three more we...