Skip to main content

'Chloe' Equine White Horse Art Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace


'Chloe'

20 x 30  Acrylic on Canvas

She is soft and gentle.
Private Collection SOLD

Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie

 © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010


The Painting:   Don't know what drove me to pink, but I can only guess subconsciously I knew Tink was coming today.   A sweet gentle Chloe is a rescue horse at the Goldwaith Horse Rescue here in Texas.

The Thought: Yesterday Terry and I drove over to ULINE to pick up boxes for packing.  I dislike the freeway very much.  I always check my iphone for traffic problems before we get on and then with clenched hands I try hard to think of positive things.  It seems like every time we are on the entrance ramp to pull out into the first lane, there is solid traffic in that first lane and NO ONE wants to let you in.   I remember taking the KY driving test when we moved there twenty years ago and that was a test question.  If you are in that lane you adjust your speed slightly to allow a car to merge into the line of traffic.  Texas drivers don't honor that.  Especially Dallas drivers.  They just stare straight ahead and will not slow a tiny bit to allow you to merge. 

Occasionally there will be that exception.  As you pull down the ramp you see the car coming just at an angle and they are actually slowing down... the driver waves at you to pull on in and you give a sigh and a wave back of thanks.   If you are anything like me, you are gleefully honor that gentile driver for his compassion and safe driving.
The same is true for us.  God honors us when we seek the best for others and not ourselves. How can you help someone out today?

Laurie

"When he noticed how the guests picked the places of honor at the table, he told them this parable: "When someone invites you to a wedding feast, do not take the place of honor, for a person more distinguished than you may have been invited. If so, the host who invited both of you will come and say to you, 'Give this man your seat.' Then, humiliated, you will have to take the least important place. But when you are invited, take the lowest place, so that when your host comes, he will say to you, 'Friend, move up to a better place.' Then you will be honored in the presence of all your fellow guests. For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted." Luke 14:7-11

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mixed Media Collage Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Justus Pace

  © G.O.D. Laurie Justus Pace      Graphics One Design 2013 Horse Collage Fall 2013  12 x 18 inches Mixed Media on Canvas.  This was an intentional paint to imitate one of the 100 ponies I did in 2012. That poor little 8 x 10 pony was loved by a company to do very large prints and it was not here for me to even use to scan... so I created something with the same heart, a kindred spirit. The underlays are pages from a western book and then torn papers of different varieties were added along with stains of paint and purposeful areas of paint.  This would not be a painting I would do today, but the goal was to capture the spirit of the first painting. This is available for purchase. Please click here  to see pricing and painting. Laurie Pace A Texas Artist Pace Studio  Graphics One Design My Blog          My Website          Gicl...

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...