Skip to main content

'Appy Spring Storm' Equine Horse Oil Painting Daily by Texas Artist Laurie Pace


'Appy Spring Storm'

24 x 36  Oil on Canvas
PRIVATE COLLECTION

Contact me for commission work. Laurie

 © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010


The Painting: Fun with an Appaloosa... color and striking compliments.  Gorgeous Oil Painting on Stretched.
The Thought:  Spots...I guess we all have them. We have rough spots, smooth spots and colorful spots...both on our bodies and in our lives.   Crystal always tells me that the brains of the appaloosa and the dalmatian are similar and lacking some genetic powers of smart...but I find that hard to believe. I have never tried to look it up... but I know they both have powerful spots.

When I paint my Appy's I love having fun with my colors and blending to create that fresh look of spontaneity.  Our 'spots' in life are the things that keep our life from being smooth all the time.  They can be bright spots or dismal spots. They are often unplanned spots of things we could not predict happening to us in our lives.  Our plans are never His plans and we tend to get panicky when we are free falling and not able to control what is happening.  That is a free falling spot in life.

I know for a fact though, what ever 'SPOT' I am in,  God is there with me, protecting, guiding and giving me the strength I need to walk the walk through that 'spot' in life.

What color are your spots today?  God has a wonderful sense of humor.

Laurie

 “Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.”- Psalm 139:23-24
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mixed Media Collage Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Justus Pace

  © G.O.D. Laurie Justus Pace      Graphics One Design 2013 Horse Collage Fall 2013  12 x 18 inches Mixed Media on Canvas.  This was an intentional paint to imitate one of the 100 ponies I did in 2012. That poor little 8 x 10 pony was loved by a company to do very large prints and it was not here for me to even use to scan... so I created something with the same heart, a kindred spirit. The underlays are pages from a western book and then torn papers of different varieties were added along with stains of paint and purposeful areas of paint.  This would not be a painting I would do today, but the goal was to capture the spirit of the first painting. This is available for purchase. Please click here  to see pricing and painting. Laurie Pace A Texas Artist Pace Studio  Graphics One Design My Blog          My Website          Gicl...

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...