Skip to main content

'Reclining Kitty' Oil Daily Painting Cat By Texas Artist Laurie Pace


'Reclining Kitty'

SOLD

Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie

© Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010


My blog is late today and not going to have much to say.  I attended the Funeral of my sister-in-law's mother, a gracious woman, wonderful mother and a loving wife who had lived an exemplary 87 years. 

When I arrived home from the funeral I had one of those calls from my daughter that
started out, 'Mom' and she was crying nonstop..."Mom, you have to sit down."

Those words put more fear into me than anything else.  Immediately my thoughts are to the safety of my sons.  I was shocked to find out my dearest friend for over 38 years, sorority sister, my daughter's godmother, had been brutally murdered in Shreveport Louisiana on Wednesday night.

Yvonne Lee had been executive director of Shreveport Greene for over 20 years helping troubled teens find work and establish a better life.  She is well known in the community for her kindness and her love of all people.  Active in her church, her Eastern Star and worked as well for multiple charities, including helping build home with Habitat for Humanity.

Here is a link to the horror story.  So today I must pause and pray for the loss of this woman in our lives, her family's lives, ( she cared for both her mother and her mother -in-law) and for the tortured soul that so harshly snuffed out her life.  He was a 17 year old in her program. And like any other rainy cold night, Yvonne offered him a ride home... a home to HER FATHER.

God has a new angel.
Yvonne  Lee

The top link has a video newscast and the link below is from one of the papers.

The tortured soul that needs prayer.


Laurie
“For the word of the LORD is right and true; he is faithful in all he does. The LORD loves righteousness and justice; the earth is full of his unfailing love.”- Psalm 33:4-5

Comments

Laurie, please know prayers continue for this sad sad incident and all involved.

I sure do like this painting; it's like a restful calm moment in the storm.

Popular posts from this blog

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...

Three Remain Contemporary Abstract Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2018 Three Remain    Oil on Canvas.   Size: 16 x 20  Oil on Canvas. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Available Paintings by Laurie Pace  Follow me on Facebook           Sign up for my monthly studio newsletter. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This contemporary abstract horse painting is fresh and wet on the easel.  Been listening to Santana this morning. Then added in some CW with George Strait.   Painting is not complete without some Classical and it was Debussy.  This was painted to be similar to a smaller painting created about three years ago.  Now in the sitting baking stage... I may touch up more as I watch over it.  There are only  maybe three more we...