Skip to main content

Kyra and her Irish Horse by Texas Aritst Laurie Justus Pace Child and horse Oil painting


'Kyra and the Horse, Ireland '
6 x 6 inches  Oil on Board



Contact me to purchase by check or paypal or to commission a painting. 
Laurie

 © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010




The Painting:  This picture was sent to me by a collector in CT.  I love painting her kids; they are in the banner at the top of this blog.  This is not a good representational painting of Kyra but mainly capturing her with the horse... catching the feeling and the mood.  I want to do a large painting, maybe 8 x 10 or so of just her face with the horse.   I will be sprinkling these in as I do them.  The next may be a soccer girl... from a collector up north.  Wait and watch.... meanwhile remember to send me a picture if you have a good one for me to paint.

The Thought:  Yesterday I spent time in Psalm 25.   Do you know your Psalms pretty well?  The Lord is my Shepherd is the 23rd Psalm...then the 24th Psalm is a strong song followed by the 25th which I was led to read as I am praying for direction.  Starting with the first verses...

"To you, O LORD, I lift up my soul; in you I trust, O my God.  Do not let me be put to shame, nor let my enemies triumph over me"

We have to start with the trust thing first and foremost.  To lift up your soul and give yourself 100 percent to God, you have to trust Him with it completely. When you do, you are giving Him power to control and when you finally reach that step...you begin to realize how much stress is gone from your life.
Verse 4 and 5:
"Show me your ways, O LORD, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me,  for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long"

This is where you walk in His way and not yours; then verses 15, 16 and 17...
"My eyes are ever on the LORD,  for only he will release my feet from the snare. Turn to me and be gracious to me,  for I am lonely and afflicted.  The troubles of my heart have multiplied; free me from my anguish."

 I think this speaks to so many of us today in our busy lives.  We have done this to ourselves and we cannot break free with out relying on Him to make the journey with us.   Pick up your bible and read the rest.  It is worth the read several times. ...both the Psalm 25 and the bible itself.

Wishing you a healthy happy weekend full of life and love.

Laurie

"May integrity and uprightness protect me,  because my hope is in you." Psalm 25:21

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...

Three Remain Contemporary Abstract Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2018 Three Remain    Oil on Canvas.   Size: 16 x 20  Oil on Canvas. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Available Paintings by Laurie Pace  Follow me on Facebook           Sign up for my monthly studio newsletter. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This contemporary abstract horse painting is fresh and wet on the easel.  Been listening to Santana this morning. Then added in some CW with George Strait.   Painting is not complete without some Classical and it was Debussy.  This was painted to be similar to a smaller painting created about three years ago.  Now in the sitting baking stage... I may touch up more as I watch over it.  There are only  maybe three more we...