Skip to main content

'Heads Up' Contemporary Equine Art Horse Daily Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace


'Heads Up'

18 x 24  Acrylic on Canvas


Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie

© Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010

The Painting: Another diamond in the rough. When I began this as a charcoal sketch on canvas, my mind had a direction already planned. As I painted it did not come together as I knew it would and I felt lost with it. I hung it on the wall...went away for a few days, came back and finished it.  This morning before blogging I took pictures and looked at them and realized I had finally captured the spirit I wanted, but not in the colors I thought it would be.  When I hung it up last night to finish drying for the second go round, I was thinking, who could I gift this to so I don't throw away the canvas.  But the moment I downloaded the camera...the presence was there and I was amazed. IT had been there all the time, I just could not see it because I had something else I was looking for that did not exist.

The ThoughtWhat I wrote above should be the thought....so often we look at our lives and feel we are in the midst of disaster. We can't quite control things enough to get them to go the direction we feel they need to move and we feel overtaken by circumstances around us.  Well, at least I do.  We are so blinded by what is around us in our minds, we no longer can truly see what is physically there.

When I take that time to back away from the thoughts swirling in my head and give the "oh my gosh what am I going to do" a long rest, I am able to go to the Father in prayer. Stepping away from the chaos into His arms brings instant relief. It is up to us to decide if we take that relief with us as we engage back in our world and our situation.  Seems like just when things get the roughest that is when God's best reveals itself.  The longer you try and control things, the longer it is until you reach that point of closure or even opening to something GOOD  in your life.

Take yourself out of the midst of it all today and spend a moment in a safe nurturing place.  I have you in my prayers.

Laurie

If anyone says, "I love God," yet hates his brother, he is a liar. For anyone who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, whom he has not seen. And he has given us this command: Whoever loves God must also love his brother.”- 1 John 4:20-21

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mixed Media Collage Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Justus Pace

  © G.O.D. Laurie Justus Pace      Graphics One Design 2013 Horse Collage Fall 2013  12 x 18 inches Mixed Media on Canvas.  This was an intentional paint to imitate one of the 100 ponies I did in 2012. That poor little 8 x 10 pony was loved by a company to do very large prints and it was not here for me to even use to scan... so I created something with the same heart, a kindred spirit. The underlays are pages from a western book and then torn papers of different varieties were added along with stains of paint and purposeful areas of paint.  This would not be a painting I would do today, but the goal was to capture the spirit of the first painting. This is available for purchase. Please click here  to see pricing and painting. Laurie Pace A Texas Artist Pace Studio  Graphics One Design My Blog          My Website          Gicl...

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...