Skip to main content

'Magnolias' Contemporary Floral Flower Oil Daily Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Magnolias'
24 x 24 inches, Two Canvas,  Oil on Canvas
SOLD


Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie

 © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2009
Contact me direct for some special pricing on Large Sailboat paintings and some florals.
. 

The Painting: From the archives of 2005... and lives on the east coast.  Last night we had a second showing at the Dutch Art Gallery for the Artists of Texas. There was a good turn out of local artists and some wonderful neighborhood folks taking in all the gorgeous art.


The Thought:  If you have ever been in therapy they teach you to find that special place to go to in your mind when you are relaxing and needing to find peace within your self.

One of my favorite places to go is remembering a trip on our sailboat, which is a catamaran.  When we were skimming across the lake, I love to lay flat on the trampoline and watch the clouds or close my eyes and feel the movement over the water.  For me that is so relaxing...as if I was in the Father's arms and He was rocking me.  I think that is why I enjoy sailing so much.

It is up to us to envision good in our lives and affirm the highest and best for all people.  I am not sure we could describe what the definition is of "highest good", but it begins with God's love, His peace and healing.  I would love to see people treating each other with respect and love.  (Back to the basics of Doing unto others as they would do unto you.)   There is abundance surrounding all of us in this higher plane of life.  It is a coexistence of people of all races in balance and harmony with the earth surrounded by God's love.


With the coming celebration of the birth of Christ, this is where we come close to Peace on Earth and Good will to all men.  I wish that for you as I affirm your highest good today.

Laurie

"Blessed are your eyes, for they see, and your ears, for they hear."  Matthew 13:16.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...

Three Remain Contemporary Abstract Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2018 Three Remain    Oil on Canvas.   Size: 16 x 20  Oil on Canvas. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Available Paintings by Laurie Pace  Follow me on Facebook           Sign up for my monthly studio newsletter. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This contemporary abstract horse painting is fresh and wet on the easel.  Been listening to Santana this morning. Then added in some CW with George Strait.   Painting is not complete without some Classical and it was Debussy.  This was painted to be similar to a smaller painting created about three years ago.  Now in the sitting baking stage... I may touch up more as I watch over it.  There are only  maybe three more we...