Skip to main content

'Horse of Strength' Contemporary Equine Art Horse Daily Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Horse of Strength'


SOLD

18 x 24 Oil on Canvas

Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie

 © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2009

The Painting:  Another series thick Acrylic Painting that I absolutely loved painting. There is so much power in the paint and the spiritual side of this piece...it jumps off the wall at you.

The Thought:  Yesterday I travel with my mom to visit my Dad.  I avoided the major freeways and we drove up through a direct street going north and took a risk and took off down another road just taking a guess to go east. We missed it one road too soon but veered off to the north and picked up the right road and traveled through some gorgeous Texas countryside.  Serious horse farms, hall bales and wonderful old farm houses just bursting with grazing cattle and gardens still producing for winter.

I told my mom with all our travels each year from Dallas to St Louis, several times a year... I always wanted to take off down one of those obscure roads that seem to just jut off into nowhere...but you know in your mind they all go somewhere.

We did that this morning, stepping out in faith and going by natural feel of direction... and we enjoyed the journey seeing new things.  The time did not change but by a few moments from our backtrack of 2 miles... but we enjoyed it so much we came back home that way and found it only to be 62 miles in length.    Along the way I saw a few more roads I would LOVE to explore informing her I had enough of my meds to go about three days, was she ready... and she laughed a hearty laugh.  Crystal was a bit panicked in the backseat.  We stayed steady on the course and the drive home was a breeze.

All in all it was a good day and I guess I want my friend in PA to know that and to say THANK YOU again.  It was a kind suggestion that I reorder my life and begin to live it fully again. This is a day I will not forget... a relaxed time with my mom and my youngest daughter and a terrific lunch with my dad.

May I suggest that you take a turn today and try out a new road you have not been down before?  

God is good, and good is God...this is the third Sunday in Advent and there are new things ahead for you, if you have the faith to accept them. Open your hands and your heart to heaven, and be ready to receive what God has for you.

Laurie

"Very truly, I tell you, you will weep and mourn, but the world will rejoice; you will have pain, but your pain will turn into joy." --John 16:20

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...

Three Remain Contemporary Abstract Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2018 Three Remain    Oil on Canvas.   Size: 16 x 20  Oil on Canvas. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Available Paintings by Laurie Pace  Follow me on Facebook           Sign up for my monthly studio newsletter. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This contemporary abstract horse painting is fresh and wet on the easel.  Been listening to Santana this morning. Then added in some CW with George Strait.   Painting is not complete without some Classical and it was Debussy.  This was painted to be similar to a smaller painting created about three years ago.  Now in the sitting baking stage... I may touch up more as I watch over it.  There are only  maybe three more we...