Skip to main content

'Day Dreams' Music Series Antique Music Varnish Overlays Painting By Texas Artist Laurie Pace Piano and Child


'Day Dreams'
15 x 30 inches  Oil on Canvas


Commission a Music Piece. Laurie

 © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2009

The Painting:  This is a commission I finished just in time for Christmas. It is a second version of my birthday girl that I did almost two years ago.


The Thought: Christmas Eve Day is upon us. BRRR it is cold outside in Dallas. The prediction is for rain turning to snow by noon today and icy conditions along with 1-3 inches of snow. This is rare in Dallas and even rarer on Christmas Eve.  I am not sure how it will affect our family Christmas, it may be delayed.

My day is lined out to make home-made chicken pot pie with fresh veggies and an organic hen.  Mom brought over an apple pie with cheese mixed into the crust. How I do remember growing up when my Dad ate apple pie he always sliced a huge chunk of cheese across the top of it.  I will take Pictures today as we do everything and post it tomorrow in a slide show of our family and the fun.  Stacey and Larry and TINK will not be in the pictures as they have health issues keeping them home right now, so keep them all in prayer.


Weather permiting, we will have a jam packed day and evening. Terry has to work today and tomorrow.... so we do everything early as we are up by five each morning.  We are blessed to have everyone so close with in blocks too...makes it easy! My brother Kirk and his wife Leslie have a huge Christmas Eve party for all of their friends each year.  Almost close enough to walk, but with all the hills I don't know if I could huff it up and down.  We are not talking small hills either... steep steep hills. If Terry had not given Paddy Dog a burr hair cut, he could have pulled us in a sleigh.

Whatever is happening in your day... enjoy the day, savor the moment and know you are in my prayers.

I pray for peace through out our land and in your life, for hope and love in your heart and  rest for your weariness. May you gather your strength from His Divine Grace.

In abundance,
Laurie

“Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord. This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger." Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying, "Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace to men on whom his favor rests.” Luke 2:11-14

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...

Three Remain Contemporary Abstract Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2018 Three Remain    Oil on Canvas.   Size: 16 x 20  Oil on Canvas. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Available Paintings by Laurie Pace  Follow me on Facebook           Sign up for my monthly studio newsletter. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This contemporary abstract horse painting is fresh and wet on the easel.  Been listening to Santana this morning. Then added in some CW with George Strait.   Painting is not complete without some Classical and it was Debussy.  This was painted to be similar to a smaller painting created about three years ago.  Now in the sitting baking stage... I may touch up more as I watch over it.  There are only  maybe three more we...