Skip to main content

'Sunday Morning Color' Floral Abstract Daily Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace


'Sunday Morning Color'

12 x 24  Oil on Canvas




SOLD

Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie



 © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2006

The Painting:  From 2006 one of my favorites.  I call it delicious color!  Very thick paint and very creatively done.

The Thought:   I spent half the night before up so yesterday seems like a bad dream... daughter is trying to pass the state MANDATED ION TEST for chemistry.  Really?  Yes really.  I get disgusted hearing mandated this and mandated that.  We are becoming like robots in our learning and our living. Between Social Security numbers and being tracked everywhere we go, we really do not have much privacy. The internet wipes out any that use to exist.  What is sad is the fact that so much of it on the internet may not be reliable information. 

Gaining wisdom takes more than memorizing that ionic chart mandated by the state.  Any one can memorize, but to be able to apply what knowledge you are gaining is so much more important.   Terry and I spent no less than four hours preparing flash cards, test sheets, match games etc.  I never took Chemistry and I sincerely know why.... yuck. Somehow the chemistry mandate reached down into our lives too.

We gain wisdom each day as we walk through our lives with out any mandates.  Knowledge exists all around us and we must sort through what seems important and retain only that which may serve us in our lives.  The media bombards us with too much information.  If we spent a little more time in prayer and a little less time watching TV we might find our lives a lot more calmer and livable where we actually enjoy being alive everyday and look forward to waking and starting our day.

I am tired of the mandated chores that tie me down here in the studio. There is an incredible amount of computer work that ties into painting and marketing.  Then you have all the bookwork, etc.  I would rather be on my piano or my harp part of the day.  I want more Goddated events....celebrating His grace and His love daily.

Will you join me?

Laurie

“Come, let us sing for joy to the LORD; let us shout aloud to the Rock of our salvation. Let us come before him with thanksgiving and extol him with music and song.” Psalm 95:1-2 

Comments

Vernita Hoyt said…
Yes, I do agree. My grandson is in 6th grade and required to take an introduction class to foreign languages. So far he has had Spanish, German, Chinese and will go into French next. The tests are over vocabulary words and they are not easy. I, who graduated with a B.Arch. cum laude and third highest GPA in my high school could never pass one of those 6th grade foreign language tests. He has no time to be himself as every single night plus weekends are filled to the brim with homework.

By the way, I love the painting.
Margaret said…
I have six chidren & I encourage each of them to follow their dreams. But the requirements to get into college 4 years of math, science, etc and all the pressures on them...and all the teaching to the test...I could go on & on. I am glad you take the time to do the computer side of things as it inspires me - I love your artwork and I am learning so much from viewing yours and other's sites. Someday I hope to purchase one! And I think this painting is very fun.

Popular posts from this blog

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...

Three Remain Contemporary Abstract Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2018 Three Remain    Oil on Canvas.   Size: 16 x 20  Oil on Canvas. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Available Paintings by Laurie Pace  Follow me on Facebook           Sign up for my monthly studio newsletter. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This contemporary abstract horse painting is fresh and wet on the easel.  Been listening to Santana this morning. Then added in some CW with George Strait.   Painting is not complete without some Classical and it was Debussy.  This was painted to be similar to a smaller painting created about three years ago.  Now in the sitting baking stage... I may touch up more as I watch over it.  There are only  maybe three more we...