Skip to main content

'Nana's Blue Fruit Bowl' Fruit Art Still Life Kitchen Art Bowl of Fruit Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace


'Nana's Blue Fruit Bowl'

 Oil on Canvas

SOLD


Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie

© Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2005

The Painting: Somehow I remain lost in life and painting is less these days.  This is one from 2005 but it makes me really hungry as I post this morning. My have to eat and come back and paint something similar. I have not painted bowls of fruit in a long time.  This is oil in a pop art type of sense. All though all of my pop art is acrylic.  Go figure.


The Thought: Went to see my Dad yesterday. Mom is really interested in trying some of the concoctions out of coconut oil and MCT mixed together and of course another added cocktail of fish oil for him.   His alzheimers is in stage 5 right now.  He looked wonderful yesterday and we enjoyed lunch together at a favorite restaurant. Afterward, Kirk stopped at a special place and brought out a small brown bag.  We headed back to the VA area to the picnic grounds all wondering what was in the brown bag. 

At the picnic area there are hundreds of oak trees all loosing their leaves right now and it was like having 2 feet of snow, but this was 2 feet of fallen leaves.  We found a picnic table and Kirk and I helped mom and dad sit carefully. Then he opened the mysterious brown bag....

Oh my, Chocolate cake with a wonderful chocolate icing on top.  It was good.  He had two large slices, one for them to share and one for us to share.  Around us leaves were floating down, the temps were about 65 and the skies were partly cloudy. You could not have ordered a more beautiful day or a more beautiful afternoon. 

This will be forever edged in my memory and sadly it is already forgotten by Dad. Every time we leave my heart weeps and I know it takes my mom days to recover. My faith keeps me sane as I realize God has my dad wrapped tightly in His arms right now and in his fading life as he fades from us, he is marching closer to God every day as his soul leaves piece by piece or 'piecefully' aka peacefully to reside with Him.  Despite the tremendous desire to want to pull him back, we cannot stop this disease from progressing any more than we can aging itself.

Where ever you are today, take a moment to stop and drink in the beauty of nature around you and hold family and friends close at heart.

Laurie

“For Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body but made alive by the Spirit,” 1 Peter 3:18 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...

Three Remain Contemporary Abstract Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2018 Three Remain    Oil on Canvas.   Size: 16 x 20  Oil on Canvas. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Available Paintings by Laurie Pace  Follow me on Facebook           Sign up for my monthly studio newsletter. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This contemporary abstract horse painting is fresh and wet on the easel.  Been listening to Santana this morning. Then added in some CW with George Strait.   Painting is not complete without some Classical and it was Debussy.  This was painted to be similar to a smaller painting created about three years ago.  Now in the sitting baking stage... I may touch up more as I watch over it.  There are only  maybe three more we...