Skip to main content

'The Sun' Contemporary Horse Equine Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'The Sun'

5 x 7 inches Oil on Canvas

SOLD


Contact me to purchase by personal check or Paypal: Laurie


© Laurie Justus Pace    Graphics One Design 2009

The Painting:  A second in my series this week.  This one has a brilliant gold background reminding me of the Texas Sun on a summer day.  Holbein Oil are a treasure to work with on this small prepaint of a larger canvas.
 Due to the closing of Patina Gallery and the coming return of work from Earthworks, which is relocating over the winter, I have compiled a list of available Original Fine Art Paintings.  Browse through and make me an offer!




 



The Thought:  I know I am getting older because my oldest son just had another birthday.  It is the inevitable.  He was so sweet sending me a gorgeous bouquet of white flowers.  I thought it was just as sweet when his Dad came in from the garden bearing a red rose off our JFK rose bush, or was it a Mr Lincoln?  and he added it to the bouquet.  I took some pictures but they are a bit blurry.



What is the old saying, "Are you humbly grateful or grumbly hateful?" 

When I was skimming around the internet reading and reviewing some of the billions of thoughts out there about old age, I came across a note about a book called "Thy Will Be Done" by St Francis de Sales.  The book is filled with his correspondence and thoughts.

"If you get tired kneeling, sit down. I beg you put yourself in the presence of God and to suffer your pains before Him. Do not keep yourself from complaining, but this should be to Him in the spirit of a daughter, as a little child to its mother. For if it is done lovingly there's no danger in complaining or in begging cure or in changing place or in getting ourselves relieved.  But do this with love and with resignation into the arms of the good will of God."   

"Isaiah the prophet calls Him the Man of Sorrow.  He loves sorrow. He understands sorrow and those who have them. Don't torment yourself to do much, but suffer with love what you have to suffer. God will be gracious to you madam, and will give you the grace to arrange this more retired life of which you speak to me.   Whether you are languishing or living or dying, the Bible says we are th elords and nothing but the help of His Grace can separate us from this holy love. Never shall our heart live save in Him and for Him. He shall be forever the God of our heart. "

I had to share it...as I reread it at least four times savoring and retaining and embracing his words. I may have to find the book and read it.  There is a grace to be had as we grow older.  I emailed back and forth with Jill yesterday about how men seem to age a bit better than women as our face begins to fall with the rest of us sagging.   It begins to truly come to pass in your fifties.  I look at all the hype in the world on youth and I question why?  There is beauty in every day of our lives.  My life is who I am as is my body.  I am not sure there is any art market for it in the least, but if I could paint my heart's desires, it would be the face of woman in all ages and the hands of man through out his days.

Cultivate an attitude of gratefulness in old age.


Laurie

Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others.” Philippians 2:3-4

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mixed Media Collage Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Justus Pace

  © G.O.D. Laurie Justus Pace      Graphics One Design 2013 Horse Collage Fall 2013  12 x 18 inches Mixed Media on Canvas.  This was an intentional paint to imitate one of the 100 ponies I did in 2012. That poor little 8 x 10 pony was loved by a company to do very large prints and it was not here for me to even use to scan... so I created something with the same heart, a kindred spirit. The underlays are pages from a western book and then torn papers of different varieties were added along with stains of paint and purposeful areas of paint.  This would not be a painting I would do today, but the goal was to capture the spirit of the first painting. This is available for purchase. Please click here  to see pricing and painting. Laurie Pace A Texas Artist Pace Studio  Graphics One Design My Blog          My Website          Gicl...

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...