Skip to main content

'Crossing the Mississippi' Horse Equine Painted Pony Pull by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Crossing the Mississippi'
24 x 36 x 2 inches
Acrylic on Canvas


SOLD
COMMISSIONED PAINTING


Contact me for special pre-holiday prices in my yearly pay it forward paint off.

© Laurie Justus Pace   Graphics One Design 2009


The Painting:  This is for a family in Missouri.  They have beautiful horses, live in the city and have to drive to visit their babies and ride.  The mom just redid the family room and sent me pictures of the inside with her colors. I love the combination of what appeared in this composition.  I hope in my heart it warms their room with its personality and grace.  Praise to Him for the spirit that fills the canvas.
The Thought: Last night we sat with our daughter and had tea and discussed our favorite bible verses.  Hers was of course  a favorite of ours,
"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD , “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11
My favorites were both in Isaiah and Terry's was in 1 Corinthians.
Each day in our lives we have a new opportunity to make new memories and make the best of that day for not only ourselves but for those we walk with that day.  Those memories can be the thoughts that carry us through doubt and dark times.
Don't miss the opportunity today to share the day and make it count.
Laurie
"I came so that everyone would have life, and have it in its fullest."  John 10:10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...

Three Remain Contemporary Abstract Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2018 Three Remain    Oil on Canvas.   Size: 16 x 20  Oil on Canvas. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Available Paintings by Laurie Pace  Follow me on Facebook           Sign up for my monthly studio newsletter. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This contemporary abstract horse painting is fresh and wet on the easel.  Been listening to Santana this morning. Then added in some CW with George Strait.   Painting is not complete without some Classical and it was Debussy.  This was painted to be similar to a smaller painting created about three years ago.  Now in the sitting baking stage... I may touch up more as I watch over it.  There are only  maybe three more we...