Skip to main content

'Arabian White' Horse Arabain Equine Oil Painting By Laurie Pace

'Arabian White'

5 x 7 inches
Oil on Panel

Contact me to purchase: Laurie
 
© Laurie Pace    Graphics One Design 2009
The Painting:  Silky oil on Panel... delicate color palette to portray this Arabian beauty.  Holbein Duo Oils.
The Thought:  This morning I had an adrenalin rush when Terry came into the bedroom as I was stretching awake and he said, "I will always be here to protect you from bad things."  Immediately my brain jumped into high gear thinking in a panic mode...what happened for him to say this to me?
Seems like when the ground shakes for an earthquake folks begin to panic seeking protection and a safe place.  I read a story about a little boy that was swinging in the yard as the earthquake hit and his mom hurried outside to bring him inside.  He told her "I am moving like the earth, I can't feel it." 
Seems like he side stepped the natural order of panic that follows scary things or bad news. 

In the bible David felt fear when King Saul tried to kill him.  He wrote Jonathan, his best friend of the heart and poured out his fear that death was stalking him.  David cried out to the Lord and it was here he found God to be his rock, his fortress and his stronghold.
Where do you go in times of stressful events?  As a survivor I go into panic sending myself into a clear thinking mode to handle what is laid upon the table.  I truly wish I could tell you my first thoughts are to pray, but they are not.  It is still something I am working on.  God is our only stabilizer.
Be anchored in Him always.
Laurie
"In my distress, I called upon the Lord." Psalm 18:6

Comments

Carol Engles said…
You really captured an Arabian's beautiful eyes with this painting!
Debbie said…
This is so positive and eye catching and captivating! And you KNOW how critical I am of my horses!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...

Three Remain Contemporary Abstract Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2018 Three Remain    Oil on Canvas.   Size: 16 x 20  Oil on Canvas. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Available Paintings by Laurie Pace  Follow me on Facebook           Sign up for my monthly studio newsletter. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This contemporary abstract horse painting is fresh and wet on the easel.  Been listening to Santana this morning. Then added in some CW with George Strait.   Painting is not complete without some Classical and it was Debussy.  This was painted to be similar to a smaller painting created about three years ago.  Now in the sitting baking stage... I may touch up more as I watch over it.  There are only  maybe three more we...