Skip to main content
POPPIES Contemporary Art Flower Oil Painting by Laurie Justus Pace

24 x 36 x 2 inch
OIL on Canvas
SOLD> THANK YOU>


"If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all." Romans 12:18


This short verse tied in so splendidly with the poppies. I had taken pictures of poppies earlier in the year when we visited Callaway's Nursery. There were so many different colors all in their little pots waiting to go home. All waving on their long stems in the Texas breeze. Poppies are not seen often growing around this area. I believe they do better in climates like California.

Rereading the Bible verse makes me realize that true peace does depend on me...and you of course. But peace only is available if we bring the harmony into the relationship. There is so much diversity in our world, and although we can see things around us, we may not often hear what others are saying. Our total perception of the world is a balance of both seeing and hearing. When you listen to someone, you need to be focused on that person and the words they are sharing with you. Otherwise you miss parts of the story when your mind is multi-tasking to other things yet to be done in your day.

Your range of understanding is affected by the effort you put into the relationship/conversation. With each experience we encounter in life comes a different reaction emotionally. So keeping your mind clear of clutter and truly listening to others gives you the ability to keep peace and harmony. Your friends trust and value you because of your open heart and mind. Relationships flourish with trust and respect...and from that your life will be fuller.

In the Saturday workshop we attended there was a saying, Take Three and Save Thirty. When your child (or friend, or spouse) is in a meltdown situation, take three and save thirty. STOP everything for three minutes and focus all your energy on that person. The three minutes you invest in them, stopping their world, helping them regulate back to a rational place, will save you both thirty minutes of meltdown. The person melting down immediately is able to stop the process of disruption as you talk them back to rational thinking.

The different colored poppies flutter together harmoniously in the Texas wind....can you bring healing and harmony to relationships in your life?

Laurie

“For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.” Psalm 139:13-14

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mixed Media Collage Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Justus Pace

  © G.O.D. Laurie Justus Pace      Graphics One Design 2013 Horse Collage Fall 2013  12 x 18 inches Mixed Media on Canvas.  This was an intentional paint to imitate one of the 100 ponies I did in 2012. That poor little 8 x 10 pony was loved by a company to do very large prints and it was not here for me to even use to scan... so I created something with the same heart, a kindred spirit. The underlays are pages from a western book and then torn papers of different varieties were added along with stains of paint and purposeful areas of paint.  This would not be a painting I would do today, but the goal was to capture the spirit of the first painting. This is available for purchase. Please click here  to see pricing and painting. Laurie Pace A Texas Artist Pace Studio  Graphics One Design My Blog          My Website          Gicl...

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...