Skip to main content
Found One
Contemporary Art Child in Garden Painting by Laurie Justus Pace

12 x 12 inches Oil on Canvas
Contact me to purchase. Perfect for Mother's Day! I can wrap it and mail it directly for you.
Laurie




"Therefore be imitators of God, as beloved children, and live in love, as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us." Ephesians 5:1-2

ME! ME! ME!

TIME FOR ME!

Yesterday we celebrated Ben's Birthday. Ben is Terry's dad. We made shrimp, catfish, Cold Pea Salad, French Fries, and Italian bread with olive oil, tomatoes and cheese. YUMM! Early in the morning, Terry and I made Kolache's for Ben. He loves apricot, and that is what we made. Working side by side, most of the morning in the kitchen, we put together a yummy birthday spread!






THEN, in the afternoon, Terry took me to the gun range where I shot a 22 pistol for the first time. I hit the target and he says I did really well. I shot a box of ammunition; I think that was fifty shots. For a first time I was pretty pleased. I had never done this before.


Humm, what did I mean by "me me me" What does it all mean?

YOU YOU YOU....set some time aside for you today. Do something for yourself, or enjoy a quiet break on your won. Make this your mini retreat and relax knowing you are beloved of God. He loves you NOT for what you do; Not for what you look like; Not for where you live; Not for how you dress or act. There are no conditions placed on His love for you. Respect yourself and the gifts He has given you. Spend some time for you today and charge your batteries!

Once you are back at full power, you have more to offer others. Pass it on....


You are God's beloved.

Laurie

“For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.” Romans 6:23

Comments

Unknown said…
Laurie, I love your portraits, they are just alive with color. thank you for sharing!
simoart said…
Hi
I just found your blog. Love your pieces, you have a great talent. Keep up the good work.

Popular posts from this blog

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...

Three Remain Contemporary Abstract Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2018 Three Remain    Oil on Canvas.   Size: 16 x 20  Oil on Canvas. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Available Paintings by Laurie Pace  Follow me on Facebook           Sign up for my monthly studio newsletter. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This contemporary abstract horse painting is fresh and wet on the easel.  Been listening to Santana this morning. Then added in some CW with George Strait.   Painting is not complete without some Classical and it was Debussy.  This was painted to be similar to a smaller painting created about three years ago.  Now in the sitting baking stage... I may touch up more as I watch over it.  There are only  maybe three more we...