Skip to main content
In My Mind
Contemporary Art Nude Oil Painting Palette Knife by Laurie Justus Pace

24 x 48 inches of thick paint; See pictures below.

Contact me for additional information or to purchase: Laurie



Time for one of my few nudes I do every year. I probably paint four a year and it has been about five months since the last one! You will find very thick paint forming the planes on the body and of course my trademark color palette.









I hesitated before blogging this morning praying about content and where my thoughts were to even start my day today. I truly feel we would be so much better off with out the television and the media. One of those love hate relationships we have.

Sometimes we have a love hate relationship with in ourselves raging as well. God has so much planned and available for us to do in our lifetime and most of us never reach our potential. For some reason we live conditionally in our lives trying to stay in control and not trusting Him to be in control. Jesus has warned us about the "worries of life," which continually weigh down our minds and squeeze our hearts and distract us from our focus on God. Over and over again in the Bible it assures us of His presence in our lives and words that warn us not to be anxious for good reason.

As long as we fight for control in life we will be miserable. Examine other areas of anxiousness in your life and you will realize that lack of control seems to be at the root of all of them. Most of the areas can be linked to the inexorable decay of this present world as we know it. If we derive our hope and comfort in life from controlling things in the world (or people), we’re bound to be disappointed.

So back to the original thought....Ben Herbster said "The greatest waste in the world is the difference between what we are and what we could become." I do not think age or location has anything to do with it. Incredible things are ahead for you if you will step back and let go of the control and worry that are consuming you.

I am giddy with the thought of what is to be... and it may not be here in this life at this time, for the best is yet to come.

Joy and Abundance,

Laurie

"The world and its desires pass away, but the man who does the will of God lives forever." 1 John 2:17

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...

Three Remain Contemporary Abstract Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2018 Three Remain    Oil on Canvas.   Size: 16 x 20  Oil on Canvas. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Available Paintings by Laurie Pace  Follow me on Facebook           Sign up for my monthly studio newsletter. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This contemporary abstract horse painting is fresh and wet on the easel.  Been listening to Santana this morning. Then added in some CW with George Strait.   Painting is not complete without some Classical and it was Debussy.  This was painted to be similar to a smaller painting created about three years ago.  Now in the sitting baking stage... I may touch up more as I watch over it.  There are only  maybe three more we...