Skip to main content
SUNRISE MEDITERRANEAN
Italian Seascape Sunrise Oil Palette Knife Painting by Laurie Justus Pace

24 x 48 inches

COMMISSION PIECE...SOLD...still drying on the easel!

Contact me for pieces you might want to give for gifts this holiday. Laurie




This is a huge commission piece I am just finishing up for a collector that already has two of my paintings, a tiny one and a midsized one. This will go in a stairwell on a long open wall and I cannot wait to see a picture of it hanging!

Last night when Terry and I went to bed we were both pretty worn out. He has been hanging new outside doors and of course yesterday we did shipping for about 8 paintings going to their new homes. The economy slow down is affecting everyone right now, us included as the request for new paintings has slowed quite a bit. We are in prayer on our path right now. We absolutely love our home and wanted to stay here until he retired, but it may be more than we can do with the updating it still requires and my income being affected so greatly by the economy. We are thankful our home is in an area where real estate prices have not fallen, but only slowed. I cried when I realized we had nothing ahead to say what or where we would go or do...plan wise. I have always been steady to knowing or gathering enough information around me for us to make a sound decision. We are both weary of moving and staying here is home to us, but obviously not part of God's plan.

It is a bit scary not having a plan and I will have to wait in perfect trust that the Lord knows what is there. Trusting him right now and being obedient to what He does finally ask of us. He will show the path, but the wait may not be pretty. Terry and I committed to each other again the need to allow God to be centered for our family during this time. Our job is to pray and listen and trust and take good care of each other as things could become tense. That usually affects your health and we want to avoid that if possible.

What ever is in your life right now that appears to be a burden or a trial, know it is God's way of strengthening you for the journey. As hard as it is, rejoice in the trial and know you are truly gaining ground.

Grace,
Laurie

"Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul." Psalms 143:8

Comments

jen said…
Laurie,
Check out Art&Seek.org if you haven't already! As a great Dallas artist, I think you should be involved in it.

http://www.kera.org/artandseek/content/2008/10/21/studio-tour-show-us-where-you-make-space-for-art/

Popular posts from this blog

Mixed Media Collage Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Justus Pace

  © G.O.D. Laurie Justus Pace      Graphics One Design 2013 Horse Collage Fall 2013  12 x 18 inches Mixed Media on Canvas.  This was an intentional paint to imitate one of the 100 ponies I did in 2012. That poor little 8 x 10 pony was loved by a company to do very large prints and it was not here for me to even use to scan... so I created something with the same heart, a kindred spirit. The underlays are pages from a western book and then torn papers of different varieties were added along with stains of paint and purposeful areas of paint.  This would not be a painting I would do today, but the goal was to capture the spirit of the first painting. This is available for purchase. Please click here  to see pricing and painting. Laurie Pace A Texas Artist Pace Studio  Graphics One Design My Blog          My Website          Gicl...

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...