Skip to main content
SUN UP
Contemporary Art Italian Seascape Palette Knife Art Oil Painting by Laurie Justus Pace

18 x 24 inches Oil on Canvas

Contact me for more information: Laurie


When I paint something like this I am awed by God's creation in giving such depth in color and such peace in a moment. I am reminded that giving thanks and praise to God of my appreciation of his creation is vitally important. If God made us in his own image, tell me, do you like it when someone says, "Hey you did a great job." or " You are fabulous to do this. I cannot tell you how much this means to me that you took the time to do this for me."

I don't know about you, but I puff up inside and have warm fuzzies every where. I try to be modest but it makes me feel good to have done something worthy of notice. It makes me work a little more on the next thing I take on, knowing what I do is appreciated.

Why would God be any different? If you only go to him in times of need, you basically are a basic need person that comes to his door to knock when you are hungry. He longs to please us but also has a deep need to have a relationship that is more than one sided...where He gives all the time, and we take all the time.

By giving thanks to Him and appreciation and praise, we expand our true awareness of who he is. That to me is one of the powerful thing in Psalms. When I read the bible I like to start with a Psalm before I go to any other reading in the bible, because David's relationship with God is so basic and yet complicated. David gave his inner heart to God through his writings. He sang the highest of joy to God and groaned the deepest of despair. Often I wonder if he had moments of joyful manic and moments of deep depression, but then I remember we all do.

Also, a post note if you are married, be it one month or many decades, remember to praise your spouse and to say thank you for what they do for you too. These simple kindnesses make the relationship closer and the giving deeper. This will work in every relationship and your life will immediately become fuller, happier and abundantly filled with joy.

Grace,
Laurie

"I will praise you, O Lord, with all my heart; I will tell of all your wonders. I will be glad and rejoice in you. I will sing praise to your name. O Most High." Psalm 9:1-2

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mixed Media Collage Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Justus Pace

  © G.O.D. Laurie Justus Pace      Graphics One Design 2013 Horse Collage Fall 2013  12 x 18 inches Mixed Media on Canvas.  This was an intentional paint to imitate one of the 100 ponies I did in 2012. That poor little 8 x 10 pony was loved by a company to do very large prints and it was not here for me to even use to scan... so I created something with the same heart, a kindred spirit. The underlays are pages from a western book and then torn papers of different varieties were added along with stains of paint and purposeful areas of paint.  This would not be a painting I would do today, but the goal was to capture the spirit of the first painting. This is available for purchase. Please click here  to see pricing and painting. Laurie Pace A Texas Artist Pace Studio  Graphics One Design My Blog          My Website          Gicl...

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...