Skip to main content
MOOOrning Two
Cow Oil Painting by Laurie Justus Pace

8 x 10 Oil on Linen Panel

SOLD

Contact me for Commission Work: Laurie


Yesterday I went to Bonham to see my Dad with my brother and sister-in-law and my mom. Here is a slide show from our trip! We are still so pleased with the staff and the care at the VA home in Bonham. The folks that work there take such good care of their patients. It was a good move for good care of my dad.



My Dad was pretty adamant yesterday that it was time to retire. I know this is so difficult for him as he has times he is frightened not knowing where he is in his confusion. He still recognizes my mom for sure, and did recognize my younger brother Kirk in a picture out of the blue, but did not know my name or my brother's name yesterday. As I choke back tears I know he knows my heart. I know his heart knows my heart and nothing, not even death will ever destroy that. I praise the Lord and give thanks for the almost 79 years of my dad's life and the 55 years I have had with him. Dad, the protector, the problem solver, the worker, the provider, and the one that never gave up. He has still not given up.

It is difficult for my mom dealing with all of this. She went from taking care of him full time, to three hospital visits where we almost lost her. She was worn out. I think if she had to do it all again, she might have done things differently.


Our Father God always has our best interest at heart. He is always with us and never fails us. If we delight in Him he will always lead us, guide us, enlighten us, direct us... He will never fail us. Again I repeat this to you, He will never fail us, if we delight in him. All relationships require participation by two and it is our part to call on Him in good times and in bad times, daily, hourly. There is no greater power we can have protecting us and it is in Him you must put your trust. When you are afraid, He is there. When everything seems desperate, He is there. Over and over again we are reminded of this both in our lives and in the bible. Nothing is too hard for the Lord. His power is unlimited.

He is an awesome God!

Terry and I have talked in depth about the what ifs if Alzheimer's or something similar creeps into our lives in the next years. It was mutual decision immediately by both of us that we would move to a facility where we could live together until the afflicted one had to have full care as my Dad is now. Our commitment to each other and love for each other would not allow anything else. I know how much my father-in-law's presence meant to my mother-in-law the five years she was in a nursing home. He lived close by and he was there for hours at a time a lunch and at dinner. He was there when she decided she had had enough and stopped eating and taking her meds etc. She was ready to embrace the Father and leave this earthly life. It took six hard weeks for her to die but we were all there as she did. Family together.

My sister-in-law put it so simply and graciously yesterday. Is it family that is important or is it places? Terry and I have talked about moving out of state and that is what prompted the discussion. That is truly deep when you think about it. Reflecting the truth that everything here on earth is just STUFF. None of it compares to the human touch and caring of family on a daily basis. ( I guess that includes the good and bad that comes with family!) Sometimes we let STUFF get in the way in our lives and we allow our determination, stubbornness, or selfishness to guide us in our decisions. There is not right or wrong answer here. We are all individuals and we have the knowledge around us to make wise choices as to what is best for ourselves and our unique situations.

I pray for you today that you find His Grace in your life.

Delight in Him!
Laurie

“Delight yourself in the LORD and He will give you the desires of your heart.” Psalm 37:4

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mixed Media Collage Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Justus Pace

  © G.O.D. Laurie Justus Pace      Graphics One Design 2013 Horse Collage Fall 2013  12 x 18 inches Mixed Media on Canvas.  This was an intentional paint to imitate one of the 100 ponies I did in 2012. That poor little 8 x 10 pony was loved by a company to do very large prints and it was not here for me to even use to scan... so I created something with the same heart, a kindred spirit. The underlays are pages from a western book and then torn papers of different varieties were added along with stains of paint and purposeful areas of paint.  This would not be a painting I would do today, but the goal was to capture the spirit of the first painting. This is available for purchase. Please click here  to see pricing and painting. Laurie Pace A Texas Artist Pace Studio  Graphics One Design My Blog          My Website          Gicl...

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...