Skip to main content
Breaking into the Light
Horse Abstract Oil Palette Knife Painting by Laurie Justus Pace


22" x 28" (55.9cm x 71.2cm)


SOLD OFF DAILY PAINTERS! THANK YOU!





Yes I painted more on this one. Sometimes after I finish one and it hangs here in the studio and then I pick it back up and paint some more. I always encourage students not to stop and give up. When something is not working, walk away to get a fresh perspective and then back to work.

Makes me wonder if God thinks about us in that way sometimes. We tend to be rather self destructive most of the time. We often don't need others doing things to us, we do it to ourselves. God probably watches shaking his head as things develop in our life as we forget to go to Him in prayer. We are in need of His guidance and wisdom to make our decisions in life. So much knowledge is gained from our everyday experiences but not enough to always pull it together for the best choice.

I laid in bed this morning thinking it would really be nice to go back to sleep as it was only 4:15. We normally are up by five so I could not quite bring myself to snooze back to slumber land while so much of my mind rested on life in general around me and decisions that are ahead of Terry and I. My wise Dad would say, MAKE A LIST. I think his wisdom is correct in this case. Experience tells me though despite the list and the ensuing decision, God could still be there shaking his head no, thinking That is not how it will be.

When it comes to decisions that are not clearly lined out in the bible, like moral issues, how do you know when you pray you are getting answers? Step one: PRAY (Philippians 4:6-7) Step two: Analyze while seeking counsel from God and God's word and your pastor or your prayer partners. God has given you a mind to think with, use it. (James 1:5) (Proverbs 15:22)
Third: STEP OUT IN FAITH. Decide! Do it and trust in the Lord.

OH but what happens if there is fallout? You did everything above praying often and hard for direction from God. You asked for wisdom. You explored all the facts that you could find and listened carefully to those around you. Just because you did this, it does not mean all will be smooth. You may be 100 percent on track with God's will and still be in the midst of chaos. Think about Daniel in the the den of the hungry lions. (Daniel 6:16-24) or about the disciples in the boat on the Sea of Galilee when the huge thunderstorm arrived. (Mark 4:35-41)

As a sailor my husband sums this up well. We are the humans that steer the ship, but the winds and currents are God.

Grace,
Laurie

"All things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to his purpose. For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren." Romans 8:28-29

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mixed Media Collage Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Justus Pace

  © G.O.D. Laurie Justus Pace      Graphics One Design 2013 Horse Collage Fall 2013  12 x 18 inches Mixed Media on Canvas.  This was an intentional paint to imitate one of the 100 ponies I did in 2012. That poor little 8 x 10 pony was loved by a company to do very large prints and it was not here for me to even use to scan... so I created something with the same heart, a kindred spirit. The underlays are pages from a western book and then torn papers of different varieties were added along with stains of paint and purposeful areas of paint.  This would not be a painting I would do today, but the goal was to capture the spirit of the first painting. This is available for purchase. Please click here  to see pricing and painting. Laurie Pace A Texas Artist Pace Studio  Graphics One Design My Blog          My Website          Gicl...

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...