Skip to main content
HORIZON SPIRIT
Horse Oil Painting by Laurie Justus Pace

18 x 27 inches
To inquire:Laurie



This painting was done following an early morning walk when the sun was just coming up. It is that moment that the gorgeous pinks are in the sky....Simplicity and color, thick paint and lots of JOY!!!

Is there conflict in your life? Is it inner conflict or conflict with others? If you reduce it down even conflict with others starts with inner conflict. Each of us is battling something in side right now. It could be an unwanted habit, mine is eating too much sugar; an undesirable behavior or an old pattern in our lives?

I know in my life there have been times that I felt detached and alone from my childhood family. The inner conflict of wanting to be apart of what you once knew as a family and the reality of them not wanting you to be apart is very painful. Blame in my mind flew both directions. It was a journey I had to take because it really boiled down to self acceptance for me. God made me as I am and my life is what I make of it. I had to learn to care about myself and then rejoice in the family that God had built around me, my loving husband, my children and my grandchildren. Then I learned to use the gifts the Lord provided, my painting and my teaching.

There are things we yearn for in life that we feel like we need. This is usually a WANT not a need. God knows what we need. He provides everything. He definitely does not make it easy, but if he did we would never grow stronger in our faith or our mind and body. So when you think about those inner conflicts you have today, and mine is trying own the responsibility that I still am not taking care of myself... I can only begin to learn a new "habit" and begin to change my life. No one else can do it for me. I can do it, and I do it with the strength of God behind me.

God will put things into perspective and patiently wait on us to see it. Sometimes he has to get our attention and then he usually does it big. We are usually busy running around still focusing on the wrong things. Stop and wait upon the Lord. Change one small thing in your life today. ONE small thing. Do it daily for the next week. Make is a new habit. It could be something simple like the moment you open your eyes, give thanks for everything you can possibly think of....or before you eat, start blessing your food. Trust, it will begin to show major changes in your life and an inner peace that resolves the conflicts.

Peace,
Laurie
"But what does it say? 'The word is near you, on your lips and in your heart' (that is, the word of faith that we proclaim)."--Romans 10:8

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...

Three Remain Contemporary Abstract Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2018 Three Remain    Oil on Canvas.   Size: 16 x 20  Oil on Canvas. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Available Paintings by Laurie Pace  Follow me on Facebook           Sign up for my monthly studio newsletter. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This contemporary abstract horse painting is fresh and wet on the easel.  Been listening to Santana this morning. Then added in some CW with George Strait.   Painting is not complete without some Classical and it was Debussy.  This was painted to be similar to a smaller painting created about three years ago.  Now in the sitting baking stage... I may touch up more as I watch over it.  There are only  maybe three more we...