Skip to main content
Wyoming Paint 1
22 x 28 inches Horse Acrylic Painting by Laurie Justus Pace


SOLD




Symbolism abounds in this series with linking circles woven through out the composition.
Hidden notations to me as I create reminding me from whence the spirit comes....From the Lord!

This afternoon we will celebrate birthdays. My mother (who was in the hospital on her birthday); my hubby, Terry, who drove me to Wyoming over his birthday; Larry, my son in law; and Jan my eldest son's love of his life. Missing from our celebration I will be offering up birthday love and prayers for family friend Lanie, and for my dearest painting "sister" Conni Togel. If you have never seen her art, visit www.charisma-art.com . She is FABULOUS!!!
Terry and I went to pick up brisket and chicken at Rick's barbecue www.rickssmokehousebbq.com in Garland. He has eaten there four times this week. He needs a frequent diner's card for sure. Add to the mixture, cole slaw, baked beans, Sister in law Leslie's fabulous pasta salad, breads, and pickles...and throw in a Chocolate cheese cake from ST Cafe.... and if I get my body in the kitchen one of my infamous SANDY's POUND CAKES.... we will eat right nice today!

This is a day to celebrate not only the day of the Lord and giving thanks to Him for all, but to add to the thanks the love for these special family and friends.

My thoughts today seem to roll back to my fabulous sleep pillow. Maybe it has catnip or something in it for humans. We went to bed at 10 last night, woke to a noise at three thirty. I debated getting up then to paint but laid there enjoying the feel of no shoulder or neck pain and knowing our new bed arrives next week.... and letting go of any other thought and I was out like a light to wake this morning at seven thirty. Maybe all this sleep will cause weight loss...you think?

So often in life we do not realize that God is with us in our journey blazing the trail for us. We seem to get distracted by the red bird in the woods next to us, and we wander off the path while He is working diligently to clear the way. Taking off the path to our right side we begin to wander through the trees catching glimpses of the bird we are following and suddenly realize it is dark around us and we can't hear the bird's song anymore. We might sit on a log and contemplate our next move. We can still hear God working but cannot see the light surrounding the path anymore. This is when we must move in blind faith toward the sounds, not seeing what is before us, but concentrating on what he has for us ahead, trusting and believing. We will trip and stumble on the way, but with the Spirit with in, we find the ability to continue back to the path. Eventually we are back in the light and we suddenly see the clear path we are to take to move forward.

In our lives we all are so infused with work, responsibilities and stress... that we do not take time to meditate and listen for the Lord. Sit down on the nearest log today, close your eyes and listen. He is busy at work preparing the way for you! Follow the spirit back to the light and you will see the way.

Grace,
Laurie

“But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.” 1 John 1:7

Comments

Kathryn Grider said…
I can relate closely with this blog today! I am constantly busy following the little red bird! Love the Acrylic paintings, too!
Have a great day.

Popular posts from this blog

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...

Three Remain Contemporary Abstract Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2018 Three Remain    Oil on Canvas.   Size: 16 x 20  Oil on Canvas. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Available Paintings by Laurie Pace  Follow me on Facebook           Sign up for my monthly studio newsletter. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This contemporary abstract horse painting is fresh and wet on the easel.  Been listening to Santana this morning. Then added in some CW with George Strait.   Painting is not complete without some Classical and it was Debussy.  This was painted to be similar to a smaller painting created about three years ago.  Now in the sitting baking stage... I may touch up more as I watch over it.  There are only  maybe three more we...