Skip to main content
Sweet Summer
Horse Painting by Laurie Justus Pace

18 x 27 inches Oil on Canvas
Inquiries: Laurie


Short blog, we have to hit the road... want to say we slept in, but this Best Western was not the quietest place to stay. Terry is up and looking for coffee and ready to load the car.

We did have one highlight here in Laramie; We ate at a restaurant called Jeffrey's Bistro.
OH MY GOSH...it was fabulous. Website is www.jeffreysbistro.com. We were literally driving around town hungry and lost. Terry took a sudden right turn and I finally said, lets ask this man where to eat. He turned out to be a professor from the University of Wyoming. He has lived here 40 years. WONDERFUL man, Peter Shieves and his wife Gail. He said she is an artist as well and recognized for her purse series, Screaming Women. I have not had time to google this yet, so you get to do it before me.

As I lay awake early this morning to the noisy air conditioner and pounding neighbors, I found myself in Prayer. The Lord has Terry and I on this trip and although I was ready to turn home last night as I lay in bed in misery from 10 hours in the Passat.... God filled me with a peace and I was able to fall asleep a bit longer. I am praying for the peace today!
FOR YOU and for us!

Grace,
Laurie

“being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.”Philippians 1:6

Comments

lkj said…
Here's a link to Gail's purses: http://www.northernfront.net/GailShive/Screaming%20Purses.htm.

Very interesting stuff.
Your Seestor L

Popular posts from this blog

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...

Three Remain Contemporary Abstract Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2018 Three Remain    Oil on Canvas.   Size: 16 x 20  Oil on Canvas. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Available Paintings by Laurie Pace  Follow me on Facebook           Sign up for my monthly studio newsletter. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This contemporary abstract horse painting is fresh and wet on the easel.  Been listening to Santana this morning. Then added in some CW with George Strait.   Painting is not complete without some Classical and it was Debussy.  This was painted to be similar to a smaller painting created about three years ago.  Now in the sitting baking stage... I may touch up more as I watch over it.  There are only  maybe three more we...