Skip to main content
STANDING GROUND
Contemporary Abstract Horse Oil Painting by Laurie Justus Pace

SOLD



A huge warm hello from Jackson following 8 GREAT hours of sleep. Despite the move to the third floor yesterday, packing and unpacking again, we have to keep spraying the room as it is obvious a mouse died in the walls somewhere. Do not get me wrong, this is an expensive exclusive place with four or five stars here in Jackson, the new Best Western....and there were literally no other rooms left. We have enjoyed sitting in front of the fireplace and toasting our toes in the 45 degree temps this morning; also enjoyed the huge jetted tub in the bathroom and are heading out to Jebadiah's Sourdough Restaurant this morning for breakfast. Downstairs they do offer eggs, sausage and brick like potato bites...we are opting to go out.


HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY HUSBAND TODAY!!!!

Yesterday exploring we discovered a fabulous gallery. We visited several yesterday, but the HORSE OF A DIFFERENT COLOR is unbelievable. If you make Jackson, look up the shop. It is just 1/2 block southeast of the town square in a small cluster outdoor store mall. It is in the corner so you can spot it easily from the street. Cher is the owner and a wonderful woman. I spent an hour with her (Terry was out watching the cowboys do a shoot out in the street). I purchase a gorgeous piece for our home...like a vase I guess, but the art work is so fabulous. I also picked up two pieces for two very close friends who will each get a surprise in the mail next week.

I heard from another Artist Blogger, Kathryn Grider in Nevada. Her work is beautiful...stop by and see her blog. http://anaturalframe.blogspot.com/

Also my sister in law found the screaming purses.....http://www.northernfront.net/GailShive/Screaming%20Purses.htm


Enjoy the greatness of the day.... I am off to eat. My God surround you with his love.

Grace,
Laurie

“Jesus answered, "It is written: 'Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.”Matthew 4:4

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...

Three Remain Contemporary Abstract Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2018 Three Remain    Oil on Canvas.   Size: 16 x 20  Oil on Canvas. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Available Paintings by Laurie Pace  Follow me on Facebook           Sign up for my monthly studio newsletter. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This contemporary abstract horse painting is fresh and wet on the easel.  Been listening to Santana this morning. Then added in some CW with George Strait.   Painting is not complete without some Classical and it was Debussy.  This was painted to be similar to a smaller painting created about three years ago.  Now in the sitting baking stage... I may touch up more as I watch over it.  There are only  maybe three more we...