Skip to main content
OTHER SIDE OF THE EARTH
Abstract Landscape by Laurie Justus Pace

SOLD



Ice cream Party last night, here on the block...wow what fun!!! I have tons of pictures and will try and make a slide show this week, but no time this morning.

ALSO Birthday Party celebrations yesterday...REMEMBER?? I am sugared out.
FUN<> FAMILY.... and the blessings of the Lord! I will do a slide show of that one!
Watch below. I put it together fast and noted several typos, but it takes too long to change them, so just enjoy the slide show!



Today is boxing and shipping day, almost back to a normal work week, but not there as I have not been painting. THAT is not good. I will be painting by tomorrow. The piece I posted is several years old and is owned by a collector in Virginia. She has at least 20 of my paintings.

Divine order is the thought for today. Decisions in our lives seem to way lay us for days or weeks at at time. Sometimes it is fear of the unknown that keep us in that frozen position. It is said to conquer fear is the beginning of wisdom. If you allow divine order to be present in your mind and your life, fear cannot creep in. Someone also said, FEAR is False Evidence Appearing Real....that usually means you are thinking too much. GOD is constant and he never abandons us at any time in our lives. We abandon him. Even when the situation seems too complex, and you question how there could ever be a positive outcome, you must know a resolution is possible because God's spirit weaves through our lives in every person and every situation.

If there are decisions to be made in your life that you cannot seem to grasp direction on and fear is taking over...it is time to release your thoughts. CHANGE your concentration in life over to something else or busy yourself with someone else. My wise grandmother always told me happiness could not be found, it would find you and the busier you were in doing for others the happier you would be. She was right. So as you face the day or week coming on, do not overflow your mind with so many things that have to be dealt with. Take each thing one at a time. Give it a limited amount of thought and if a decision is not there, move on to something else...or should I say someone else. Funnel your energy into productive things and pretty soon you will be able to come back to face a decision and you will know what to do.

Grace,
Laurie

"I say this for your own benefit, not to put any restraint upon you, but to promote good order and unhindered devotion to the Lord."--1 Corinthians 7:35

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...

Three Remain Contemporary Abstract Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2018 Three Remain    Oil on Canvas.   Size: 16 x 20  Oil on Canvas. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Available Paintings by Laurie Pace  Follow me on Facebook           Sign up for my monthly studio newsletter. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This contemporary abstract horse painting is fresh and wet on the easel.  Been listening to Santana this morning. Then added in some CW with George Strait.   Painting is not complete without some Classical and it was Debussy.  This was painted to be similar to a smaller painting created about three years ago.  Now in the sitting baking stage... I may touch up more as I watch over it.  There are only  maybe three more we...