Skip to main content
THE FIVE
Horse Oil Painting by Laurie Justus Pace

22 x 28 inches

Commissioned Painting SOLD


This enticing piece is going to live in Dubai and later travel on to Europe. With my departure for Jackson this morning, I painted yesterday afternoon and this morning to finish it up. A desire for five beauties in this piece, there is a marigold horse in the background along with a turquoise horse.

Morgan is here and the dogs are in DOG HEAVEN. He spoils them rotten. Terry is still asleep and I am finishing up my clean up here in the studio and closing down my stuff. I will travel with my baby Mac and will try to keep you abreast of the trip. I think we will only travel as far as Amarillo today and stay at the ASHMORE INN. This hotel is UNBELIEVABLE. They go above and beyond to make your stay perfect. I think that is why we stay here and never push on to Duhmus, Texas. Then tomorrow we will travel on to Denver and visit and stay with Uncle Charlie and Aunt Barbara. They live on the northwest side of Denver. It will make our exit on Thurs to drive up to Jackson a bit easier. My paintings will arrive this afternoon via Fed Ex. I will be waiting to hear from Hollee that all is in tack.

My mind is whirling with last minute things we have to do...so this is not one of my best blogs.
I want to share what I read from Neal Donald Walsch this week... He wrote of disappointment. do you ever think God doesn't know what he is doing? Do you get so disgusted with things around you and so tired that you believe God really doesn't know what he is doing? Neal shares that this is impossible. Life is happening perfectly at every moment. He is right. It is time to refocus yourself and know whatever is happening today feeds into tomorrow. Live for today and know what is happening in your life is for a purpose. Be patient. Trust in the Lord.

Grace,
Laurie

“I will bow down toward your holy temple and will praise your name for your love and your faithfulness, for you have exalted above all things your name and your word.” Psalm 138:2

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mixed Media Collage Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Justus Pace

  © G.O.D. Laurie Justus Pace      Graphics One Design 2013 Horse Collage Fall 2013  12 x 18 inches Mixed Media on Canvas.  This was an intentional paint to imitate one of the 100 ponies I did in 2012. That poor little 8 x 10 pony was loved by a company to do very large prints and it was not here for me to even use to scan... so I created something with the same heart, a kindred spirit. The underlays are pages from a western book and then torn papers of different varieties were added along with stains of paint and purposeful areas of paint.  This would not be a painting I would do today, but the goal was to capture the spirit of the first painting. This is available for purchase. Please click here  to see pricing and painting. Laurie Pace A Texas Artist Pace Studio  Graphics One Design My Blog          My Website          Gicl...

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...