Skip to main content
EXPLORING
Horse Oil Painting by Laurie Justus Pace

22 x 28 inches

Inquiries: Laurie



PAINT PAINT PAINT. That is what I will be doing in less than ten minutes. PAINT PAINT PAINT.

Yesterday I have an old high school friend visit and she painted. I have not had time to download the camera but will do it for the blog tomorrow. Also yesterday we chased Paddy around the neighborhood. Ticked me off because we took him for a two mile walk in the early hours and he still went out the gate. Of course it didn't help Terry left the gate open while he was watering.

Trying to find the dog is always a challenge as they are so unpredictable on direction. Terry took off in his big dodge truck, I was in the Passat with the puttering diesel engine...mom and Bill were in his VW and Kirk in his Nissan. The key is to listen for barking dogs. Usually that can help find him. I took the alley paths. Where we live we have nice paved alleys and thankfully he tends to like them as he does not understand what a car is. Remember he is a country boy. Barbara and I found him hiding behind a tree. He is a rather large dog, and it was a large tree because I could only see his face sticking out looking looking. I think he heard the diesel coming toward him. He had been gone about 45 min so he was tuckered. He ran to the car to get in. TOTALLY opposite of the last time he got out and Terry and I tracked him in the truck unable to catch him for 25 min...he kept running then.

I guess we all do that too in our lives. We have this vision and start running toward it. We immediately forget much around us and definitely close our ears to warnings given to us, and close our eyes to anything else but the vision. Do we ever find it? The best place to seek answers, find peace and experience joy is to seek the Lord. Trust, otherwise you will be tuckered out like Paddy was yesterday, Hot and Tired and simply Worn Out.

Grace,
Laurie

"You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." Jeremiah 29:13

"But if from there you seek the LORD your God, you will find him if you look for him with all your heart and with all your soul." Deuteronomy 4:29

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...

Three Remain Contemporary Abstract Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2018 Three Remain    Oil on Canvas.   Size: 16 x 20  Oil on Canvas. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Available Paintings by Laurie Pace  Follow me on Facebook           Sign up for my monthly studio newsletter. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This contemporary abstract horse painting is fresh and wet on the easel.  Been listening to Santana this morning. Then added in some CW with George Strait.   Painting is not complete without some Classical and it was Debussy.  This was painted to be similar to a smaller painting created about three years ago.  Now in the sitting baking stage... I may touch up more as I watch over it.  There are only  maybe three more we...