Skip to main content
CARVED HORSE TWO
Horse Oil Painting by Laurie Justus Pace

SOLD 24 x 24 inches

Inquiries: Laurie


The first carved horse was snapped up off Daily Painters by a collector in St Louis... she has many of my paintings in her home and finished off her basement to buy more...well at least in my mind the story went that way...LOL. Laura is truly a special friend, and someone I met once about two years ago when we were in St Louis visiting family, we shared breakfast together. She is someone that despite the distance and the only occasional email, the rare phone conversations...we pick up right where we left off when we talk. There is a closeness there that I believe is through the Lord and a warmth between us that is beyond comprehension since we rarely visit. The Lord is good.

But when the original carved horse posted... she wanted it. I had a request from a collector in Washington State for a similar one. This one has a bit more depth to it than the original, but I tried to retain the feeling of the thick paint and the contemporary lines of the horse. It is so hard for you to visualize on the screen...much nicer in person! SO carved horse two ships out today for the west coast.

YES I slept late this morning. Those of you that read my blog know I do not do this. That bed is truly a wonder. SOVN beds and pillows. Our only complaint still is the bed is low. It looks rather funny in our huge four poster bed...like a flat tire in a way...but once you are on it... you sleep. It doesn't envelop you like our old mattress did of being plush and soft and dreamy...it is strictly a functional looking thing. But dad gum, deep functional sleep is pretty nice. We went to bed at ten last night and I didn't open my eyes until seven thirty this morning.

My thought today came from George Lopez last night as I was watching his show. Remember in the sixties and maybe early seventies....if a singer or performer was outstanding folks would light up their lighters and hold them up in the night or the dark...and you would see a full sea of light from the audience? When I taught middle school art and history in Argyle Texas, we had an all school talent show. One of the other Teachers and I did a song together. I played my guitar and she and I harmonized. We did Toorah lo rah loo rah, An Irish Lullaby. It was in a popular movie at the time with Steve Martin. The kids went wild and the next thing we knew, there were lighters popping up everywhere in the audience. It is a moment forever etched in my mind. That "light" was like approval and appreciate and thanks and WOW. When this hit me last night I began to think about it and decided I would start lighting a candle when I meditate and pray. This "light" is my appreciation and sign of thanks to the Lord, symbolic of how he does light up my life and by me lighting this candle I want him to see my light shining for him to see my thanks visually and for other to see the light of his love. Wonder how many lights we could light up the earth with at night if we all lit candles as we prayed together before bed or at supper time. I can just imagine him chuckling to himself and smiling.

This little light of mine, I'm going make it shine....

Grace,
Laurie

"Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God." John 3:21-22

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...

Three Remain Contemporary Abstract Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2018 Three Remain    Oil on Canvas.   Size: 16 x 20  Oil on Canvas. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Available Paintings by Laurie Pace  Follow me on Facebook           Sign up for my monthly studio newsletter. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This contemporary abstract horse painting is fresh and wet on the easel.  Been listening to Santana this morning. Then added in some CW with George Strait.   Painting is not complete without some Classical and it was Debussy.  This was painted to be similar to a smaller painting created about three years ago.  Now in the sitting baking stage... I may touch up more as I watch over it.  There are only  maybe three more we...