Skip to main content
VEILS UNDER THE STARS
Contemporary Art by Laurie Justus Pace

24 x 24 inches Oil on Canvas

Contact me to purchase: Laurie



Yes, this painting is not predictably something I would paint. Sometimes different is good.
The paint is hugely thick with edges everywhere. Used a lot of paint for sure!

Predictable. Are you a predictable person or are you more spontaneous? I can't help but wonder as we get older if we get more predictable. Some folks are predictable at age 2 and never change. Others you never know when or where they will show up and they are that way their entire lives. But on the average I am thinking most of us get more predictable as we get older. There is something about NO SURPRISES that keeps us over fifty living longer. I like new places and new things and meeting new people, but I predictably like sleeping in my own bed with my own pillows. I figure that is why the older generation is so fond of pulling those travel trailers behind their pickup trucks, or why they get the all in one travelers. They can hit the road for those new exciting places, but they have the comfort of NO SURPRISES by sleeping in their home away from home surrounded by favorite pillows and stuff.

Is the Lord predictable? I would cherish a back and forth conversation from each of you on this one. His love is unconditional. His love is there if we take it. As I began some research for this blog today I found the statement:

The following objection was presented on the Atheism discussion board on CARM as an "evidence" for atheism. It is as follows:

"To my mind, the best evidence for atheism is the predictability of the universe. Atheism (or perhaps I should say naturalism) posits that there exists nothing capable of circumventing the laws by which the universe runs. Theism, on the other hand, says that there is an omnipotent being who, by definition as omnipotent, could cause the universe to run in any manner he/she/it chooses. Any "laws" we might think we observe are merely the coincidental result of God's choice to make things happen that way when we're looking. Atheism thus makes a specific prediction that theism does not. It says that everything within the universe must always follow natural law, since there is no being who could make it otherwise. Theism has no equivalent prediction.
http://www.carm.org/atheism/predictibility.htm

Was it predictable when Cain killed Able? Was it predictable when the Lord Flooded the earth to wipe our civilization with the exception of Noah and his family? Was it predictable when the Red Sea parted? Was the outcome predictable when Isaiah took his son up on the Mountain to sacrifice him to the Lord? Was it predictable that Job would loose everything he had? Was it predictable when Mary was visited by the angel, become impregnated and gave birth to our Lord? Was it predictable when Jesus feed the five thousand? Are Miracles predictable?

I say yes. I believe the Lord is steady and unconditional with His love for us. He is predictable with His love, His joy for us; His desire for us to find contentment. It is this CONSTANT that keeps me going day after day. What happens in my day is usually affected by others around me. The happenings are not predictable, but my faith is steady and my love for the Lord is unwavering.

I feel a predictability here and even more that He will be here for me always....as He is for you.

Grace,
Laurie

“If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!” Luke 11:13





Comments

Unknown said…
Love this painting! I especially like the movement and the feeling of joy!
Delilah said…
This is really lovely

Popular posts from this blog

Mixed Media Collage Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Justus Pace

  © G.O.D. Laurie Justus Pace      Graphics One Design 2013 Horse Collage Fall 2013  12 x 18 inches Mixed Media on Canvas.  This was an intentional paint to imitate one of the 100 ponies I did in 2012. That poor little 8 x 10 pony was loved by a company to do very large prints and it was not here for me to even use to scan... so I created something with the same heart, a kindred spirit. The underlays are pages from a western book and then torn papers of different varieties were added along with stains of paint and purposeful areas of paint.  This would not be a painting I would do today, but the goal was to capture the spirit of the first painting. This is available for purchase. Please click here  to see pricing and painting. Laurie Pace A Texas Artist Pace Studio  Graphics One Design My Blog          My Website          Gicl...

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...