Skip to main content
A Rose for Papa
Oil Painting by Laurie Justus Pace

18 x 24 x 2 inches

Inquiries Welcome: Laurie

SOLD
Thanks for Supporting Daily Painters.


Mom is sleeping soundly so I have no TV on and no music on. I am so behind on painting it does no good to even think about it right now. Changes in our family are occurring faster than I can blink my eye. She had fever again yesterday so on Friday we return to the doctor. My youngest brother is out of town with his job and my oldest brother is facing a trip to Houston to attend the funeral of one of his oldest friends. Change is a constant. Did you get that message yesterday? Wanted to make sure you were reading.

This was one of the days I did not want to get up. I wanted to pull the blanket back over my shoulders and nestle down for two more hours of sleep, maybe three. But I knew if I didn't get up and work I might as well shut down the studio. I cannot hide from my work and the responsibilities I have in life despite this inner urge to run and hide from the change and the feeling of hopelessness that I cannot fix what is broken in the loved ones in my life.
Wait upon the Lord, the words fill my mind with song, Wait upon the Lord with Faith.

In your life you will find that inner strength, divine qualities, that allow you to move beyond challenges in your life. This is your faith. With faith you can grow and this faith will shape the good in your life and allow you to handle the complications that come along with your journey. This divine nature is inside all of us. It is time today to call upon what is deep with in. Allow the guiding spirit of God to light the way.

"But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which is alive today and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, how much more will he clothe you-you of little faith!"-Luke 12:28

Grace,
Laurie

“Can anyone hide in secret places so that I cannot see him?" declares the LORD. "Do not I fill heaven and earth?" declares the LORD.” Jeremiah 23:24

Comments

PAT MEYER -- said…
What a fresh loose painting that tells a wonderful story.

Popular posts from this blog

Mixed Media Collage Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Justus Pace

  © G.O.D. Laurie Justus Pace      Graphics One Design 2013 Horse Collage Fall 2013  12 x 18 inches Mixed Media on Canvas.  This was an intentional paint to imitate one of the 100 ponies I did in 2012. That poor little 8 x 10 pony was loved by a company to do very large prints and it was not here for me to even use to scan... so I created something with the same heart, a kindred spirit. The underlays are pages from a western book and then torn papers of different varieties were added along with stains of paint and purposeful areas of paint.  This would not be a painting I would do today, but the goal was to capture the spirit of the first painting. This is available for purchase. Please click here  to see pricing and painting. Laurie Pace A Texas Artist Pace Studio  Graphics One Design My Blog          My Website          Gicl...

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...