Skip to main content
Nibbles
Horse Oil Painting by Laurie Justus Pace

8 x 10 inches

For inquiries: Laurie




Mom is still on the mend here at our house. We have a quiet home with a healing essence with its cocooning feel. We are hoping to get her moved into her new place in a day or two. My brothers have worked with their wives to finish the unpacking and provide a sanctuary for her to live in while we take on the remaining boxes. There is still much to be sorted and given away.
We all seem to horde things as we go through this life and if I have learned anything from all our moves, nothing is life or death...it is all just stuff.

Terry and I were on our way back from FEDEX yesterday and on LBJ Freeway that circles Dallas. Traffic was horrendous. An 18 wheeler next to us kept drifting into our lane. I was on the phone trying to reach my older brother to make sure he had directions to the doctor's office for mom and I was visiting with my dad. I screeched as the truck lurched at us and Dad was concerned. I told him to give me a moment as I allowed a panic attack to sweep through me. He began to sound like the Dad of old as he brought comforting words and told me to remember that people would be people and you could always count on them being different and driving different. The differences were a constant you might say. He expanded his thoughts to include male drivers vs female drivers too. By the time I hung up the phone I was in tears. It was the Dad I had not heard or seen in almost five or six years. Where did that three minutes of lucidity come from?

Constant is the day and the night. Constant is the light from the sun and the light from the moon. Constant is the rotation of the earth. Constant is the changing of the seasons. Constant is life and constant is death. Constant is the Lord.

No matter what is thrown your way in your life, if you can stay focused on the true love of our Father, you can make your journey this day.


Grace,
Laurie
“But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen and protect you from the evil one.” 2 Thessalonians 3:3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mixed Media Collage Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Justus Pace

  © G.O.D. Laurie Justus Pace      Graphics One Design 2013 Horse Collage Fall 2013  12 x 18 inches Mixed Media on Canvas.  This was an intentional paint to imitate one of the 100 ponies I did in 2012. That poor little 8 x 10 pony was loved by a company to do very large prints and it was not here for me to even use to scan... so I created something with the same heart, a kindred spirit. The underlays are pages from a western book and then torn papers of different varieties were added along with stains of paint and purposeful areas of paint.  This would not be a painting I would do today, but the goal was to capture the spirit of the first painting. This is available for purchase. Please click here  to see pricing and painting. Laurie Pace A Texas Artist Pace Studio  Graphics One Design My Blog          My Website          Gicl...

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...