Skip to main content
CLIMBING ROSES

8 x 10 on Linen Panel

Contact me for pricing. Please mention the title of the painting. Laurie


Finally the rain has let up. Yesterday Morgan and made a dash in it to the grocery store.
YUMMM. I love fruit from Whole Foods.


I have 8 bags that I use for the large hauls. Some were bought from Whole Foods in other states and it is cool to use them each week bringing back memories of those trips. I use smaller cloth cotton net bags for my fruit. They are a .09 rating for weight and I always make sure the cashier removes their weight from the scale.


You can see in the sink I have a white bowl that I use veggie scrub in and we literally scrub or gently wash the fruit and veggies removing all labels before putting them in the refrigerator. I miss living in the country with my garden, but organic fruits and veggies to us are worth the price.


Today we will be cleaning and shuffling the last of the mess here to prepare for the health inspection tomorrow as we finish up our last inspections for CPS certification for our home.

Giving in Life is something I touched on yesterday on lighting the dark for someone. Serving others is another important point in life. Matthew writes of Jesus teaching others of serving when a woman came to him and ask if her two sons could sit next to Jesus in his kingdom. His reply was, "You do not know what you are asking! Are you able to drink from the bitter cup of sorrow I am about to drink?" The story continues as he tells the woman that only God chooses those who will sit on thrones next to him. All his disciples were upset by the story but he told them "who ever wants to be first must become your slave. For even I, the Son of Man came here not to be served, but to serve others, and to give my life as a ransom for many." (Matthew 20:20-28)

This sort of stopped me in my tracks. We are all into less pain and suffering in our own lives. We pray for it daily. So, it was not the serving others part that made me reflect, but the drinking of the bitter cup that Jesus drank from....to experience the hatred and persecution he suffered. He was brought down mentally and physically. My mind reels with thoughts. Could you handle it and still proclaim to love the Lord your God? How deep is your faith? Could you share the bitter cup with Jesus and still have your heart open to what the Lord offers?


Grace,
Laurie

"But many who are first will be last, and many who are last will be first." Matthew 19:30

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...

Three Remain Contemporary Abstract Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2018 Three Remain    Oil on Canvas.   Size: 16 x 20  Oil on Canvas. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Available Paintings by Laurie Pace  Follow me on Facebook           Sign up for my monthly studio newsletter. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This contemporary abstract horse painting is fresh and wet on the easel.  Been listening to Santana this morning. Then added in some CW with George Strait.   Painting is not complete without some Classical and it was Debussy.  This was painted to be similar to a smaller painting created about three years ago.  Now in the sitting baking stage... I may touch up more as I watch over it.  There are only  maybe three more we...